Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have a 2003 Mustang convertible (3.8L V6). Last year, the little passenger side rear window started malfunctioning. Some days it would work fine, other days it wouldn't go down all the way, stopping with maybe an inch or two still showing, then it stopped going that far down at all, going down maybe 4 inches and then stops.

Now that the hot days of summer arrive, it goes down most of the way, leaving only a couple inches visible. It's gone down completely a few times, but most of the time it stops.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be, and what the cost might be to fix it? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
163 Posts
:dito: window motors are stupid sometimes. My driver side one let me roll it down then refused to go back up. Had to hit the motor with a hammer to get the window up. Most of the time its the motor if the window will work sometimes. If its a fuse it won't work at all (replace the fuse and it works again), or you have a bad switch. I have no idea how the convertible back windows work though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts