Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got a relatively new (40k miles) V6 Mustang that I don't want to trade in for a GT for sentimental reasons (it was a close family member of mine's, also my first car).

So far, it only has a Magnaflow Dual Exhaust system in it, which I would guesstimate adds about 5 horsepower- I enjoy it, the car has a slightly different "surge" feeling at 50 mph, and it's louder. It's no "true" dual exhaust, but I love the tone.

The car also has a new set of stripes that I swear make the car faster on the doors and the top. Cops seem to follow right behind it all the time. :shigrin

Now, my budget for the rest of this summer is ~$3000-$4000. I work at a Bridgestone store, and as such have access to lifts and mechanics who I'm friends with that can make installation of easier parts cheap.

My goal is to get it running with stock GT's, and do a 0-60 run in less than six seconds (what I considerable very respectable for a sixer).

My plan so far:

4.10 gears with TLok (can be installed for cheap)
Mac Long Tube Headers (can be installed for free/cheap)
(Obvious a Tuner of some sort, leaning towards SCT)
Eibach Lowering Springs (can be installed for free)
May throw in the generic AM CAI for fun; it's cheap.
and New Rims that will totally make the car much faster I swear

I'd like to give it some real horsepower as well, whether from SuperSixMotorsports or GSS (the latter of which I've only recently heard of). I'd like the best, most cost effective way to go about doing this with respects to what I've proposed above.

If you'd like to see the (obviously already pushing 600 hp :gringreen) V6, here's a few pictures that are too large to embed in this post.
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

1 - 1 of 1 Posts