Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to trade my 2005 V6 with 6k miles on it, probably straight up for a 2004 GT with 8k miles on it. I can't decide whether or not it would be a good idea.. any help? haha

·
Registered
164 Posts
Even though it's a GT, it still does'nt have the "coolness factor" your 05 V6 has... Stay with you 05. Plus, the S197 will hold their resale value better....

·
Registered
78 Posts
xxkazp3rxx said:
I have a chance to trade my 2005 V6 with 6k miles on it, probably straight up for a 2004 GT with 8k miles on it. I can't decide whether or not it would be a good idea.. any help? haha
The guy who traded in the 2004 at the dealership prob'ly traded it for a 2005 V6 or GT.

Also, GT owners are more likely to have been ripping around. I would be wary of buying any used Mustang unless you knew the owner and he/she was over 60 yrs. old.

I know my driving habits have changed a lot since I sold my '92 Saturn for $300 and got my 2005 V6 Mustang. I don't beat on it but I don't drive it like the Saturn, either!

Now, I know, everyone is not the same and every guy who babies his car like it's his child is going to start yelling at me... I'm just making a generalization. There are exceptions, I'm sure, but I stand by my statement.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well the 2004 GT has 260 hp and your 2005 V6 is at 210. If performance is your main concern just think of it like this, you would have to spend a good amount of money to get your V6 up to the 260 mark just to be even with the GT. On the other hand if performance is not your main concern I think that the S197s are overall a better built car than the SN95s. Either way you are ending up with a great Mustang. Trying to decide between the two is a good problem to have. :winks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Keep the V6.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I8URVTEC said:
Well the 2004 GT has 260 hp and your 2005 V6 is at 210. If performance is your main concern just think of it like this, you would have to spend a good amount of money to get your V6 up to the 260 mark just to be even with the GT. On the other hand if performance is not your main concern I think that the S197s are overall a better built car than the SN95s. Either way you are ending up with a great Mustang. Trying to decide between the two is a good problem to have. :winks
Actually a $600 Zex kit for the V6... put in the 75HP jets... You can run the 75HP on stock timing with premium gas... so in theory you don't even need a tuner... so performance can be made up pretty easily... :winks

now... in the looks department.. the 2005 is the way to go! Stick with the V6!

·
Registered
91 Posts
xxkazp3rxx said:
The retro-cool of the 05 'Stang beats the recent past hands-down. Now if you were after a '73 Mach 1 CJ I'd have to say go for it as long as the Mach 1 wasn't mine.
Seriously, ownership of an 05 Mustang is going to be the definitive position to be as the future unfolds. And -- as others have said -- a car you know is far ahead of one you don't -- and the V6 can be upgraded -- keep the 05.
Mach 73

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
xxkazp3rxx said:
This may be hard to believe for you S197 guys , but the 99-04 GT`s are better looking then the 05 V6 , I think the 05 6es are a little slow "STOCK" so relax fishingjts ! and look a little wimp`y ! and remember a 600$ NOS kit for a GT = high 12`s vs. high 13`s for the 6 !
Go with the 04 GT ! plus you get that cool 40th Anniversary badge on the fender !:D

This is just my opinion , do what you feel is best !

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
ran260gt said:
This may be hard to believe for you S197 guys , but the 99-04 GT`s are better looking then the 05 V6 , I think the 05 6es are a little slow "STOCK" so relax fishingjts ! and look a little wimp`y ! and remember a 600$ NOS kit for a GT = high 12`s vs. high 13`s for the 6 !
Go with the 04 GT ! plus you get that cool 40th Anniversary badge on the fender !:D

This is just my opinion , do what you feel is best !
relax? Come on... I haven't had a chance to go off on anyone all day! LOL!

It really is going to boil down to personal preferrence on looks... For me I love the looks of the 05... and I actually prefer the looks of the V6 over the GT...

I had an 02 GT... how much differnence in the looks between the 02 and 04? To me the 02 was nice looking... but the 05 is drop dead gorgeous... LOL!! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ran260gt and fishingts are both right: ran260gt drives an 04 GT, so what would you expect him to say? An 04 GT is a pretty sweet car but as you can already guess since I own an 05, I'll side with fishingts. That's what you are gonna get here - a lot of opinions. Personally, I love the 05, V6, GT, don't matter they all look better to me than any Mustang since about 1970. I guess if it's power out of the box you want, go with the 04, although it won't take a whole lot to make your 05 V6 out run the 04 GT. Bottom line, go with what your heart says and disregard everyone else's opinion. Resale will be higher for the 05 V6 or GT for that matter and because the 05 is so popular, the car will maintain it's value.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fishin.. Love your car, but Nitrous isn't for me... haha... Personally, I don't have a preferance either way to the body style... I like the front end of the 05 more, and the rear of the 04 more... so which way can you go? haha.. reality, with the mods I have, im closer to the 260 mark then further away. Xcal and CAI claim 20hp to the rear wheel, so it's safe to say im seeing around 30 to the crank plus or minus a few... The money is a push; resale for the V6 won't be very high in the near future because of the amount of them out there. I am still stuck in the middle though, haha... I want the V8 even though my 6 is still more then decent enough - I guess they'll just really have to give me a deal that I can't walk away from.. haha

Thanks for all your opinions guys... oh, btw... anyone have a free v6 procharger I can have >:)

N

·
0 Posts
as the proud owner of both bodystyles and currently have em parked side by side...i'm going with the 06...hands down a better body...wider..longer...more agressive...the 99-04s are like little bulldogs...but i love em...keep the v6...i suspect that aftermarket will go through the roof for em...maybe even more than the gts cause i havent seen another gt in nyc yet but v6ers are evrywhere...who would you make the speed parts for?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would like the chance to drive an S197 but I do prefer the looks of my '04 to the new body style. On the other hand, the new body style is all the rave! Drive the '04, if you love the V8 and like the looks and drivability you'll be better able to make the choice. I don't really think in terms of resale, I can see one of my kids driving my '04 someday. I do love my car! But, I haven't drivin yours. Let us know what you decide and why. Luck......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.