Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Its hard to tell what exactly is goin on cuz its so dark but id say the driver in the stang wasnt on his game (plus convert). Not saying the GT should have smoked him cuz the newer V6 accords are peppy, but i have a hard time imagining that a honda accord runs low 14's in 1/4 mile, although he barely beat him.

·
Banned
652 Posts
a bone stock gt vert with ****** driver can easily run low 15s.

·
Registered
48 Posts
it was pretty dark, i thought i saw cut outs in the bumper for dual exhaust, but i didnt see any fog lights on.. maybe its not a GT?

·
Banned
652 Posts
im pretty sure it was gt, however he doesnt deserve to own it. he's a non driving disgrace. i disown him as a mustang owner. if you cant drive DONT RACE! it will save you a lot of embarassment

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Wonder what was done to the Honda. It's really dark and can't really tell if it's a true GT or not but hey it could of been and like KB said those V6 Accords are peppy.

·
Registered
271 Posts
my friend has an 04 v6 accord with some basic upgrades and i had no problem killing him so this guy must have been a ****** driver or maybe he let off

·
Registered
490 Posts
Was it me or was that way too quiet to be a GT.

·
Banned
652 Posts
an accord would beat a v6 worse than that

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Maybe it was a V6 with a o/r mid pipe and am mufflers with a GT bumper to match the dual tips. IDK, but the Honda pulled pretty bad on it. Bad driver I guess.

·
Banned
652 Posts
you guys are forgetting, a stock gt isnt that fast and a v6 accord isnt that slow

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Driver makes all the difference too:gringreen

·
Registered
826 Posts
my comment on that video is that it is crap...they are not racing in that video...you can see the dude in the mustang riding his brakes the whole time...anyone who believes that honda can beat a 265hp stock ford v8...is an idiot!...the guy in the mustang was totally playing w/ the fool in his rice burner!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'd say you're an idiot if you don't know your enemy.

I believe the Accord has 244hp and the Mustang GT only had 260 last I checked. Also, a convertible Mustang GT weights more than a V6 Accord.

It's definitely in the realm of possiblity for the Accord to beat the Mustang. But my brother has an automatic Accord and I have to say the transmission sucks. Manual V6 Accords can get 14s stock very easily.

ww.dragtimes.com

·
Registered
826 Posts
honda's are peices of ****...i hate em and anyone who drives one is a fag in my book...get a real man's car...but still...the mustang has a way dif. gear ratio...and if you watch the video...there not racing and the guy in the mustang is playin w/ the accord...did ya not see him riding the brake?...any day you wanna run your rice burner against mine in a pinks style race let me know!

·
Registered
826 Posts
plus a mustang has way more torque to pull him up to speed!...keep burning your rice and dumping 15k to get a ricer w/ 300hp all motor...that always kills me.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
No need for this to get into a internet race. The mustang got beat plain and simple. It didn't look like he was riding the brakes man, I didn't see the 3rd gen light come on till the race was over. The V6 Accords are peppy and they were running from a roll so the torque figures doesn't really do much, now if they ran from a dig then the race might of been different.

1 - 20 of 281 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.