Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about installing an AUX input into my 2004 mustang v6:smartass: it has the stock head unit, I think it's the standard system.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Your best bet is to just replace the head unit with anything that has one from best buy or wal-mart, etc.

Negatives
1) Car is no longer technically stock
2) Large Unit is harder to replace
3) Cheaper to stay the same

Positive
1) Aftermarket head units are spiffy lookin
2) Have additional sound tuning features
3) Potential HD station access depending on unit
4) Build in Aux
5) Because of the difference in size, you get a new cubby hole type thing to keep stuff
6) Remote control!

Personal preference, but you may note quite a few advantages. That being said, you you don't want to part with the stock system I believe many electronics stores sell adapter kits in their car audio section.

·
Registered
671 Posts
A true aux input on a stock head unit is as much as buying a new head unit with an aux built in. Basic cd player to navigational dvd player can range from $80-$800+ with installation kits and wiring harness from crutchfield.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your mustang radio needs to have a SAT button
and no satellite radio if that is the case you can use that free plug from behind the radio to input audio from any external source
sat button aux interface

if you have a AUX button pie makes a interface call frd04-aux

if you don't have any of the 2 buttons i mention see if the radio have external cd changer controls

·
Registered
153 Posts
almost ANY aftermarket head unit has an aux input, even if it's not on the front. you can usually run an RCA cable from the back of the unit which you can plug an ipod or anything else straight into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.