Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Panoz Eperante (04 cobra drivetrain). The rear has started making a clicking sound under initial acceration on first or reverse. Has anyone experienced this?
Has there been any recalls?

Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
clicking

I have a 2004 Panoz Eperante (04 cobra drivetrain). The rear has started making a clicking sound under initial acceration on first or reverse. Has anyone experienced this?
Has there been any recalls?

Thanks

ive only seen a pic of you type of car,,and followed a story about a guy with one that had the cam freeze up at 10k..

it sounds like it could be a bad ujoint... heres why i think that...your car is most likly too new and has low miles,,,a bad rear will make a noise all of the time....also your car is tiny and doent leave alot of room for the drive shaft to have a big working angle on the ujoints(like a corvette shaft)

a ujoint goes bad 2 ways..#1= loose and can be felt with shaft in the car
2-is a frozen ujoint that can only be felt with the shaft out of the car..

a tight ujoint on a cold shaft will only get tighter with heat.and is very very common...9 out of 10 mechanice do not remove the shaft to check ujoints..

it could be many other things that cause this noise...ive been doing driveshafts since the 70`s and have found that brakes/tires/and ujoints makeup 90+percent of noises...

goodluck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.