Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, well i just dropped off my car at the shop for the lowering springs to be put on.. But had a change of plans, im using FMS springs instead of the eibach. They sent the wrong springs from eibach twice, and they took forever to get here, as far as i know they still arent here, and i ordered them 2 weeks ago. So im fed up with it and tired of waiting, and i have a car show next weekend and want it done before then. So my shop happened to have FMS springs in stock so i just traded out for those and havin them installed as im typing! Also having thre UPR cc plates put on. Anybody have the FMS springs on their ride? Any comments about them? I know they basically lower it the same amount as the eibach in the front, but only 3 quarters in the back, which is alright.

·
Registered
179 Posts
FMS or FRPP (Ford Racing Performance Parts) springs are made by Eibach. The ride quality should be the same as Eibach springs. I had Eibach's on my 2006. Ride quality was nice. I switched them out for the Steeda Springs a few months back.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the guy at the shop did say something about them being made by eibach, he said they make most of the springs out there but with different names on them. The only diff between the FMS and the pro kit are the back springs. But as long as it looks good, handles, and still rides alright, im going to be satisfyed.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Around how much does it cost to put lowering springs on a mustang?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid 110 to have the srpings installed, and 55 for the cc plates to be on. Got the car back yesterday and i love it. You can tell its lower, but the springs still have to break in, so its still not as low as its going to be. Did get rid of that 4x4 stance haha. And it doesnt necessarily ride worse, it is a lil tight, and it DOES handle those curves very well! Def worth it.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I paid 120.00 for install. I got my springs from CJ Pony Parts. Their srpings are made by Eibach. I was happy with them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well those are good prices. I have been wanting to lower my car for awhile now. Im just afraid im going to bottom out a lot.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its not dropped to the ground, its lowered bout 1 1/2 in. in front and almost 1 in. in the rear. It looks really good, Ididnt want it on the groud, but lowered enough to notice and looks really good, and it handles.

·
Registered
241 Posts
yea i dont want it on the ground but i do drive over a couple cattle guards. i just dont want to scrape up my exhaust

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it really makes your car look really good. Especially your car with the wheels you have. Id recommend it. I think youll be alright, just drive really, really slow over those bumps. Oh yeah ill make sure to post some pics of it once i get her cleaned up, damn pollen got all over it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.