Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New to this forum and the mustang world :) They are awesome cars but dont brake the bank... Anyway I have a 04 GT 5sp bone stock 260 horse at flywheel.. so was wondering where I i start with bolt on's. The CAI? Maybe headers, x-pip, tips? Im confused... just want to know where to start and what things to do after it.. Any advice will help alot! Thanks!
Kevin

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
CAI, Mid pipe and catback. Gears would be the best bang for the buck though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the mustang community! I was in the same position as you a few years ago!

- Exhaust (Catback, Midpipe) would be best. No need for headers on a bolt-on, NA GT. Down the road you could prob look into a set of longtube headers.

- Cold Air Intake

- In the future, do you plan on staying N/A or going with a supercharger? If you plan on doing a blower, go with 3.73's if you stay N/A, Id go with a set of 4.10s.

Gears alone will wake these cars up. Will feel completly different!

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Um I was thinking about a Twin turbo.. I heard they where better in almost every way? But i never knew you could change gears! What do i have now? :headscratch: and if i get Force Iduc, i should get 3.73s?

·
Registered
165 Posts
you have 3.27 gears stock. supercharging is much much easier compared to twin turbo set up

·
Registered
268 Posts
3.27 Gear Ratio is stock.

If you do Forced Induction (Supercharger) go with 3.73's. If you do Nitrous or stay Naturally aspirated, go with 4.10's.

If you are honestly going turbo, keep the stock gears. If you are planning on going turbo, you will have ALOT of upgrades needed to work with the kit.

Fuel System, Suspension, Driveline, Motor, + Turbo kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooo okay lol then i wont go Turbo, thanks for warning me ahead :bigthumbsup so what do gears do? I talked to a friend who sayes he knows a lot on cars and it seems like he does... but he said gears take away power from the lower gears and only add a few MPH top end... So someone who can explain it please do! I didnt even think gears would even make a differents :laugh: my bad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.