Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:waveyHi curently with 1995 v6, this is my second v6 and now I am looking to upgrade.
Initialy I considered 99-2004 v6 but loved the 2005 look.
Now I know the power of v6 will not be good enought.
So v8. but cant make my mind pre 2005 or after.
Not driven 2005 +, but definately not very plesed with the handling of my car and wondered if there is significant improvment after 2005.
generaly is the 2005 + a much better car than the 2000-2004 gts?
I also would consider 2001 bullitt and a 2003 mach1 but mach 1 is not easy to fined over hire.
Does the 2005 + gt wort the extra cash?
Wich is a better car to live with?
also will be kooking to make some mods, if that will make any change, probably not much if i get 2005 + cos there wont be much cash to spent.:hihi:
Also looked at 2008 Bullitt and if could afford it I dont think I wold consider anythong else.
Any opinion will be more than helpfull.
Many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I wouldn't say a 2005+ is necessarily better. It does have more bhp but it's also a lot heavier and bigger. Those 03-04 Mach 1s are pretty sweet and you get 4 valves per cylinder!

·
Registered
77 Posts
2005+ is defenitly worth it. Few bolt ons and there fairly quick and handle better not to mention more comfortable to drive.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I like the 05+ stangs and all, but personally Id take the 99-04 GT body style over it..which is why I have one lol. The new style is faster though. I dont think there is much difference in handling between an 04 GT and an 05 GT. The new stangs are fairly heavy though, and just to wide for me. But either one will probably handle a little better than your 95 V6 due to GT's having better suspension. All you need is some subframe connectors and your stang will have a tight feel to it abnd handling will be pretty decent.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I used to have a 00' and I can't tell you the vast amount of upgrades from that body style to the new one. I love my 07' GT so much, that I barely miss my 2000! Go to a dealership and take a look at the interior. I got leather, but the basics of the interior are upgraded in my opinion. Yeah its heavier, but man can this car move. 0 - 60 in 5.1 seconds. You cant ask for much more than that from a bone stock car. I got an 07' used GT in great condition for 18K. It was a great deal and I have no regrets. This car is a dramatic improvement over the 99-04 model. Take a test drive and you won't be disappointed.:bigthumbsup Just my opinion.
YouTube - Pypes Violator 2007 Mustang GT Exhaust and Burnout

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Man if you have the cash wait for a mach 1. They look unbelievable. Or maybe look into a saleen. Those are pretty stunning too.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Be patient. Save your money for the Bullit. Its the pick of the litter of the new GT's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, still confused,
But thanx all, info is very helpfull, and i started thinking,
That anything i choose will be a step forword, wich is the main ting.
I wll let you know as soon as I get one!
I thing the choise will be made then and there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
has anyone had a 2001 bullitt?
I have fount one with 76k miles,
not exactly prime condition but not bad for its age and miles,
and it is priced as a Gt?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice one

I used to have a 00' and I can't tell you the vast amount of upgrades from that body style to the new one. I love my 07' GT so much, that I barely miss my 2000! Go to a dealership and take a look at the interior. I got leather, but the basics of the interior are upgraded in my opinion. Yeah its heavier, but man can this car move. 0 - 60 in 5.1 seconds. You cant ask for much more than that from a bone stock car. I got an 07' used GT in great condition for 18K. It was a great deal and I have no regrets. This car is a dramatic improvement over the 99-04 model. Take a test drive and you won't be disappointed.:bigthumbsup Just my opinion.
YouTube - Pypes Violator 2007 Mustang GT Exhaust and Burnout
Very,very nice!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the 05+ stangs and all, but personally Id take the 99-04 GT body style over it..which is why I have one lol. The new style is faster though. I dont think there is much difference in handling between an 04 GT and an 05 GT. The new stangs are fairly heavy though, and just to wide for me. But either one will probably handle a little better than your 95 V6 due to GT's having better suspension. All you need is some subframe connectors and your stang will have a tight feel to it abnd handling will be pretty decent.
Thanx, if I have to hang on to my v6 I thing i wiil take your advise and sort the suspension.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
has anyone had a 2001 bullitt?
I have fount one with 76k miles,
not exactly prime condition but not bad for its age and miles,
and it is priced as a Gt?
The 01 Bullitts were pretty nice. They are a little more costly than a GT, not by too much but they are a limited edition and can be tough to find a nice one. Id keep looking, you can probably find one with lower miles on it for like 14-17k. They come with upgraded suspension, brakes, plenum/cai, tuned exhaust, and a interior similar to the 03/04 Mach 1's.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Bineto, are you looking at local cars in the London (England) area?

If you are shopping here in the states, let us know.

I would think that a Bullit was VERY rare over there.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I with 04KB on this one. IMHO 99-04 was the best year as far as body style...BY FAR! It is a small car with a big motor like they were meant to be...atleast in my opinion. You can always improve performance.:gringreen I'd hold out for the mach 1 those are awesome cars and I think you'll be very happy with it, but it is up to you. Take your time and get some more opinions...REALLY when it comes down to it you will be happy because it is a MUSTANG :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, mach 1 are very rare, there was one a mont ago for sale, but i could not take a step cos did not had enough cash at the time.
I think I am gona go for 03-04 gt or mach if i can get one.
most important is to be manual, cos the mach 1 was an auto.
Anyways, at least I figure out with your help what I want.
The new shape will be too big I thing, cose I am havin troble finding parking space as it is.
And I like cars to be smaller and more nimble in town and curvy roads.
Hoping to sort funds very soon and go fishing, curently looking at 03 40th any GT coupe, hope its not gone till I get the cash.
Unless something else comes a long.
Mustangs are not easy to get over here, there is lots of 05 + auto.
So thank you all and hope to be back soon looking on advice for topin up the power and handling for the new ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there is at least 5-6 08 bullitts new or with 5-6k miles for sale at the moment from $32-40k.
and i found 01 bullit for about $ 8000,
the Gt i am looking at is about 12000 in $ and hoping to get it for a1k less. Its got 44k miles and it looks like new, only seen photos thow.haha.
Pricing over here is a bit different, and not shure what you are getting, cos it is all import some from Japan with no history and sometimes with fake odometer readings and on and on..
Not Giving up!
Cant wait to get my hands on.
Still think that that mach is avalible, but is an auto.
The gay had it for 2+ years and never had it servicesed...(only done about 5-7k miles)he said.
And this is a nice one- the other day spoke wit a gay with with a 05 v6 with 16k, asked him for a serice history, he laught and said the car is not for service for another 4k. I laught and left.:hihi:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bineto, are you looking at local cars in the London (England) area?

If you are shopping here in the states, let us know.

I would think that a Bullit was VERY rare over there.
Geting a car from U.S would be preferd cos there is much more choise, but doesnt come cheep.It is cheeper for the companies to import cos they claim tax back i Think, and many vehicles was imported when dollar was down to the £ last summer now is a totaly differnt story, £ down To the $.
But I will Have that in mind.Thanx

·
Registered
874 Posts
Not sure if you all know this or not but a 2005+ GT weighs as much as the old Lincoln Mark VIII's. I've not driven an 05+, but I can tell you my little ole 99 Cobra still walks all over them. Unless they went out an got some type of FI. But Any car can be made to go as fast or handle as good as your purse can bear. Imports show us that all the time. Personally I like the styling of the New Edge stangs the best. It's all a matter opinion. If you like the 99-04 get it, if you like an 05+ get it. I've entertained selling my Cobra and buying an 09 California Special, but I don't want a car payment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.