Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
im lookin into doing a 2v to 4v swap on my stang... im getting a supercharger soon but i would like to have a extra motor cuz i know one day me 2v will give out and i just want to start on the 4v for that one rainy day hopefully 10 years from now... but anyways how hard is it to do the swap and dose anyone know where i can get a Cobra engin from???

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well it depends on whether or not you want the 4v new or used then either check for one at a salvage yard or find one from a good engine build shop like MMR, livernois, or coast high. Now to do the swap you'll have to get some different accesories and wiring harness to go with the motor. It's more expensive and harder to convert to a 4v than to just build a good strong 2v capable of big power especially with the new heads trick flow just came out with.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Look into building your 2V up. There are plenty of fully built 2v's out there with a turbo/Blower/Nitrous that run its ass off. Dont under estimate these motors, they will def get the job done.

I have a fully built 2V motor. .020 over, Crank, Rods, Pistons, Ported heads, Blower cams, a blower @ 12/14psi, and Im also spraying nitrous at it. Im hoping the car will run its ass off, but its still a work in progress. Made a bit more power then expected, and maxed my fuel system out :hihi:.

a 2V wiring harness will work with a 4v motor, you just have to lengthen some wires, etc for the coil packs, etc. Due to the different location on a 4v motor.

I'd recommend a Tremec TKO600 transmission, or a T-56, GrnooGT on here did a t-56 swap and has a great writeup.

It would DEF be expensive to build a 4v, over the 2v. You will have to change ALOT of things for the 4v to work, but its up to you.:bigthumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.