Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far i have bbk headers, bbk x-pipe, flowmast 40s mufflers, b&m short shifter, stage 1 king cobra clutch. 32 lb injectors, 255 lb/hr fuel pump, comp cams xe262ah, ford racing flywheel, k&n intake,eibach adjustable coilover suspension all the way around, eibach sway bars front and rear, x style under the hood strut bar, 18" shelby wheels changin to 17's, moser 32 spine axles and 3:73's. Alpine double din dvd player. alpine type r speakers with 10 inch sub and alpine amps, custom, predator tune

thinkin about more motor mods? swap? heads intake manifold? supercharger? twins?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Intake manifold and ported heads would be nice to go along with your cams:)

·
Banned
652 Posts
built rear ported heads, subframes, and maybe some juice.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I also agree on the ported heads. It all depends on how much doe ya have to put down on it. A supercharger would be nice too but then ya might be too close to your breaking point. And if you havent done subframe connectors, do it! Just had mine installed and the car rides like it did brand new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
supercharger?

well i dont mind doin the forged internals if i have to. how much did you pay for your kennebell?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
well i dont mind doin the forged internals if i have to. how much did you pay for your kennebell?
The 2.1L intercooled kit for our cars is $4999. If you didnt wanna forge internals yet, you could run low boost on a safe tune, the car would still be pretty damn mean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kennebell

alrite. well ive decided on the kenne bell 2.1 intercooled for sure. just gotta sell the fourwheeler to buy it. Ya i will eventually upgrade to forged internals so i can run 14 psi. what do you run? Think ide be safe at 9 or 10 psi. im gonna have pro dyno tech tune it for me. so i might just run 9psi. have to wait and see what they will do tuning wise. im not sure either if i need the boost-a-pump if i already got the 255 lb/hr?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
alrite. well ive decided on the kenne bell 2.1 intercooled for sure. just gotta sell the fourwheeler to buy it. Ya i will eventually upgrade to forged internals so i can run 14 psi. what do you run? Think ide be safe at 9 or 10 psi. im gonna have pro dyno tech tune it for me. so i might just run 9psi. have to wait and see what they will do tuning wise. im not sure either if i need the boost-a-pump if i already got the 255 lb/hr?
I think you will be happy with it. How much power are you making now? Im running 10psi making 420rwhp on a conservative tune with stock heads/cam. If i were you id probably run 9psi, you should make over 400rwhp with that. You can sell the boost a pump, i went with a different pump as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i dont know its never been dynoed. im takin the predator off and having pro dyno tech tune it and dyno it for me at the end of october. the whole predator i think is holdin it back. have to wait and see. hopefully its got at least 270 to the wheels. do you have cats still? i have bbk x pipe with cats gonna sell it for an h-pipe no cats

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Dang it KB, I might be looking into a nice kit from KB now. A Terminator revved it on me yesterday and had a nice whine:bigthumbsup I want my car to whine lol. I have to get it before I tie the knot:D

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I would do ported heads and intake, cams meant for a blower, and definitely subframes. A set of pillar gauges wouldn't be a bad idea either. With the kb and the above stuff, you'll be flyin. Then put away some $$$ to do the bottom end right.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
i dont know its never been dynoed. im takin the predator off and having pro dyno tech tune it and dyno it for me at the end of october. the whole predator i think is holdin it back. have to wait and see. hopefully its got at least 270 to the wheels. do you have cats still? i have bbk x pipe with cats gonna sell it for an h-pipe no cats
Yeah i have magnaflow catback with a bassani catted x pipe. No need to lose the cats for the blower but ya might gain like an extra 1-2hp, or if you dont have to worry bout inspection then go for it.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Dang it KB, I might be looking into a nice kit from KB now. A Terminator revved it on me yesterday and had a nice whine:bigthumbsup I want my car to whine lol. I have to get it before I tie the knot:D
Go for it man, it would be a nice touch to your car since its a cobra conversion. Cant be an 03 cobra without the supercharger whine, and a KB would just top it off.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Once I graduate and pay off student loans, then I'll start really saving. Already have a job offer when I graduate:bigthumbsup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.