Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought a 04 v6 mustang about a year ago, and been putting mods on ever since. Right now I've got Mac dual exhaust with h-pipe and BBK CAI. Also max micro tuner coming in the mail. Well 2 months ago I raced a 2000 v6 camaro automatic with bolt on's and full exhaust including headers. We did several digs and a lot of rolls. From a dig we stayed even until my high third gear where I began to pull ahead all the way to 110mph. Then just this week we raced again for the hell of it and he swore nothing else has been done to his car. He pulled in my late 2 and 3 gears, I eventually caught him at 100+ mph basically from my advantage of having a 5 speed. I began to suspect a loss of power for some reason. Well than just yesterday my friend bought 2001 v6 mustang manual bone stock. We raced from several rolls and he actually pulled in second slightly. Then we did a 3 gear roll and he pulled again, I won every race due to my shifting but pissed me off about my mods not doing anything or have i lost power somewhere. Any Info or Idea's would be appreciated, hopefully the programmer will turn things around. Later Mac

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
philmac said:
Well I bought a 04 v6 mustang about a year ago, and been putting mods on ever since. Right now I've got Mac dual exhaust with h-pipe and BBK CAI. Also max micro tuner coming in the mail. Well 2 months ago I raced a 2000 v6 camaro automatic with bolt on's and full exhaust including headers. We did several digs and a lot of rolls. From a dig we stayed even until my high third gear where I began to pull ahead all the way to 110mph. Then just this week we raced again for the hell of it and he swore nothing else has been done to his car. He pulled in my late 2 and 3 gears, I eventually caught him at 100+ mph basically from my advantage of having a 5 speed. I began to suspect a loss of power for some reason. Well than just yesterday my friend bought 2001 v6 mustang manual bone stock. We raced from several rolls and he actually pulled in second slightly. Then we did a 3 gear roll and he pulled again, I won every race due to my shifting but pissed me off about my mods not doing anything or have i lost power somewhere. Any Info or Idea's would be appreciated, hopefully the programmer will turn things around. Later Mac
When was the last time you cleaned your air cleaner?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the car only has 9,000 miles on it so, I'm pretty sure its not the air filter. I briefly checked it anyway and it seemed ok. I didn't feel like taking my CAI apart to get the air filter out. But I got my programmer in a coulple of days ago, we did a race from a complete stop and I pulled a car length in 1-2 gear than pulled 2-3 more in 3 gear. He quit in 4th gear. Max micro tuner really works

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
philmac said:
Well the car only has 9,000 miles on it so, I'm pretty sure its not the air filter. I briefly checked it anyway and it seemed ok. I didn't feel like taking my CAI apart to get the air filter out. But I got my programmer in a coulple of days ago, we did a race from a complete stop and I pulled a car length in 1-2 gear than pulled 2-3 more in 3 gear. He quit in 4th gear. Max micro tuner really works
It should be cleaned every 6,000 miles at minimum. that restriction can make a difference. the advance timing can overcome the difference, but it's still there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.