1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Great to have you here with us, enjoy the site :yup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 04 mustang the tires have unusual wear on inside of tire. It also has a shimmy.
I had the same issue. My front two tires were Worn heavily on the insides. Andi had a horrible shimmy. I got all new tires and no problem ever since. Also to get rid of the tire wear it might be a good idea to get it aligned. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
16 Posts
?Bump*

I'm having the same issue with my 2003 GT. It has not been lowered and the shocks are fairly new so I am stumped. The car has 160k on the clock so it possible that some of my bushings are bad which is causing the excessive tire wear on the inside? The camber is bad. I've put a level on the wheels and they are out of level roughly 3/8" and it is visible to the naked eye. I know this is not the correct way to do it but it helped. I assume I need to install camber caster plates. Thoughts???

·
Registered
27 Posts
That would definitely help! I'm just not sure why you are experiencing this when the car hasn't been lowered. How are your tie rod dust boots and ball joints?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mustang072 I am not sure why I am experiencing this problem either. I'll take a look at the ball joints and tie rods when I get home and see if any of those might be bad. Wold worn ball joints cause the camber issue? I don't hear any popping when I turn so I don't think they are bad but after 10 years they very well maybe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Really it was more to think outside the box...I find this intriguing. If, like you said, the polyurethane on the ball joints and tie rod boots is worn through, it may cause a very minor camber. The whole not lowered thing throws me off...

Did you install the new shocks? I assumed you did but after rereading your post I'm unsure. What type are they?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts