Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my check engine light come on and read it as p0122. I went to replace the Throttle Position Sensor and realized the wire was cut about an inch below the plug. Can I just repair the wires and hows best? Or can i order and replace the wire? I searched and couldn't find anywhere. Is the car drivable at all or should i park it and tow it to a shop if need be?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
sure, you can reconnect them. strip the two cut ends and splice them together with those crimp on wire splice things

·
Registered
684 Posts
1. 1 red wire connector
2. wire strippers/crimpers and or some way to strip the wires and some plired to crimp connector.
3. strip wires.
4. secure tps in connector crimp part of it to hold in firmly
5. take wire coming from harness, insert to a firm hold in the other end of connector. Crimp.
6. Crimp it all nice and tight.
7. slightly tug both ends to ensure it will hold properly. (do it right the first time and it will, also, if you dont, 1'' of wire might only give you 1 attempt. If you mess up and cant get a connector on, then you get to go to junk yard, clip one off, and crimp 3 wires to yours :D)
8. If all is well, wrap connection in electrical tape to ensure safety.
9. GO!

I have a windstar upper intake and you have to extend the TPS wires for it ... I had to do all 3 wires and add like a 1' of wire to them. Haven't had a lick of problems.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I have a windstar upper intake and you have to extend the TPS wires for it ... I had to do all 3 wires and add like a 1' of wire to them. Haven't had a lick of problems.
same for me.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts