Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal I used to own a 95 Cobra till about 6 months back my brother totaled it. So I went and purchased a 2004 V6 stang 5 speed(used btw 28,000 mi), I needed the v6 for the gas mileage on the commute to work. Last week my transmission blew at 45,000 miles and I had been thinking about doing a v6 to v8 conversion and thought since i need a new tranny now would be the perfect time, but after reading some posts on this forum it sounds like v6 to v8 is not the best idea. So i guess i was just asking should i do the conversion? or if not once i get my tranny back what can I do to my v6 to give it max performance, im tired of this car being so slow! Anyways thank you in advance for your help. :wavey

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
A V8 swap is not a cheap proposition unless you find a donor car so you can pull everything needed. Have you considered supercharging the V6?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have considered supercharging it but to me it seems like its a lot of money and in the end my car will still be pretty slow compared to a v8, but i could be wrong has anyone supercharged a v6 stang and what results did they get? And has for the cobra r.i.p. its not in my possession anymore and the engine was completely unusable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.