Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i saw a guy's 2004 v6 mustang and you know the line that goes from the valve cover to your CAI. well he had taken that line off and put a breather on. he has the same aftermarket CAI i have so i was considering doing the same but i want to know if it accomplishes anything. also what do u do with the hole in the intake where that line was attatched? thanks for your input:winks

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
the hole in your intake would have to be plugged, because any unmetered airflow, (intake leaks behind the MAF), will make your car run lean, trip the CEL, kill throttle response, and all that good stuff.

just a simple rubber plug will do.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh, but what is the purpose of all this anyways?

·
Registered
581 Posts
It's part of the PCV system. It recycles crankcase gasses, mosisture, etc.. that would otherwise pollute if it was just a breather. The stang wouldn't be emissions legal if you disconnect it. I read that the crankcase can accumulate moisture if it is disconnected and reduce oil life and promote engine sludge.

If it is disconnected it would need to be done the right way. Here is a good explanation http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/pdf/PCVBypass.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.