Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Mustang GT. I washed my car one day and when I tried to put it back in the garage it barely started and was struggling to keep running. Prior to this I have had no issue at all as to the running of the car. Now it will crank but not start. I think its the fuel pump as I do not hear the priming sound. I checked the fuel pump fuse in the engine compartment and its fine. I checked the inertia switch in the trunk and it feels depressed. I unplugged it and re-plugged it in but no change. I have heard about a fuel pump relay but have no idea as to where it is. Some say under the seat but I don't see it. Has someone else had this problem and can help me out?? Am I even running down the right road? Thanks

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Did you wash the engine? If not, you have to track down the component of combustion that's not present. Sounds like you have fire so fuel is a good place to start. Do you run your car on empty or have you done this recently? Maybe a clogged fuel filter. Worth replacing and cheap anyway. Check the air filter for debris. I have these persistent birds that build major nests in minutes in whatever vehicle I have about. The realy in my 89 what under the seat, donno about your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.