Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm looking to purchase my first Mustang!

I adore the 2000-2004 models, and I recently came across a private seller selling what they claim to be a '04 Mustang SVT.

But here's what I find strange...

She advertises the car as "Ford Mustang SVT 2004 40th Anniversary", and in the description, writes: "V6 3.9L engine".

The Mustang is in "Screaming Yellow" and also has the yellow plastic dashboard interior.

Here's a link to the ad (please note, it's in French): FORD MUSTANG SVT 2004 40e ANNIVERSAIRE - Longueuil / Rive-Sud autos à vendre - Kijiji Longueuil / Rive-Sud

My question is, were the SVT's made in base model V6? I thought they were only produced in V8. She doesn't list the car as a Cobra, either, which I find strange. Because I thought all SVT's were Cobras... ?

The car does have the SVT emblem on the rear, but I'm not able to see any emblem for Cobra.

I have a feeling either this car is not a 2004/SVT, or that I'm just ignorant/clueless. :p

Looking for someone to shed some light on this.

Is this car legit, or probably a fraud / mislabeled?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its false advertising, and there's too many things wrong to be labeled an SVT cobra. The SVT Cobra only came with a 4.6L supercharged v8. The 40th anniversary had red inserts on the interior as well. Also, the car is missing the cobra front end with fog lights, the cobra spoiler, the cobra grille, leather seats, wheels, white faced gauges, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, but those were the obvious things at first glance.

Those SVT badges can be easily bought online and put on a car.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just mislabeled man. The Cobra wasn't produced in 2004, and SVT would never be badged on a V6. Buttttt for the mileage it has, $4k isn't too bad a price. The dash is also just painted lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
the ****???? 03/04 cobra are the most lethal and legendary...
Oops, for some reason my brain told me the Termi was only in 2003... moving on :rollgrin: lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mustangs also never had a 3.9L v6 in them either. They had a 3.8L. They also had 18" chrome wheels on the SVT Cobras, with black SVT center caps. The rear bumpers had "Cobra" inset in them in black lettering. A 6 speed transmission, not the 5 speed in this one. The dash was never painted like this one is (someone did this themselves), the wheels are even wrong for a 40th anniv. V6. So, pretty much everything here is fake.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mustangs also never had a 3.9L v6 in them either. They had a 3.8L. They also had 18" chrome wheels on the SVT Cobras, with black SVT center caps. The rear bumpers had "Cobra" inset in them in black lettering. A 6 speed transmission, not the 5 speed in this one. The dash was never painted like this one is (someone did this themselves), the wheels are even wrong for a 40th anniv. V6. So, pretty much everything here is fake.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
False, late 2003 and 2004 cars got a 3.9L V6

Bottom line is, the car is a fake lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
sooo many false info here.... both from the ad and posters. we all need a highschool refreshing class :rollgrin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Supeerrrrrrrr informative!

Thanks a bunch!

I knew this was all wrong.

But, going back to 4k and the mileage, it is a good price. And, I bet you money I can probably get it down to 3k because the seller is desperate, and now that I know everything is wrong, I should have no problem getting this price lowered.

What do you guys think really IS the model of this car?

Is it a 2004? Base model, assuming, since it's V6? How do I even begin to figure out what the true identity of this vehicle really is? LOL any guesses?

I'm a not a loser who drives around with fake labeled Mustang, so, if I purchase it, I'll be removing the SVT logo.

OH, and also, if it really is a 2004, which I'm assuming it is because this seller has to legally have the paperwork stating it is... is it still a 40th anniversary? Just not a SVT?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
since we are all Cobra owners here I can say 'DON'T BUY A V6"...you cannot mod it, they suck, get a GT or Cobra

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
since we are all Cobra owners here I can say 'DON'T BUY A V6"...you cannot mod it, they suck, get a GT or Cobra
I was waiting for someone to say this.
Hahaha.

I'm actually looking for a V6 because I'm not looking for a project car / one to mod.
Not yet, anyways. That'll be in a few years. I need something more basic and simple at the moment.

In a few years I'll be looking for a Cobra. That's my goal.
For now, base model will have to do. :p

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
well if you just need basic transportation get a Jap car, then save for the Cobra, those V6 stangs are real dogs untill the latest version came out and even then Ford is about 60hp under the industry standard for a modern V6

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Get vin, call dealer and have them run it. but like mentioned..not a cobra, Terminators are 03-04, there is a 3.9 in late model stangs, and yes...save for a Cobra.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts