Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched multiple forums to find an answer, and have been highly unsuccessful. My friend has a 2005 mustang and is trying to put 19" wheels on it (with a width of 9.5). We went to a shop to have them installed with 245/45/19 tires, and they got them on and said they would not fit without rubbing the fender/wheel well. In addition, she also has spacer adapters, which take the wheel further from the location in which it would rub. However, it does not help. Can someone help me out and let me know what we need to do to ensure proper fitment?

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
What wheels are they?

What is the offset in mm?

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
It sounds like the offset is way off, tires sticking out of the fenders? If that is the case, spacers will only make it worse.

The offset on the Ford 9.5" wheels is 45mm. You can get away with a little less than that . . . my guess is the wheels you are trying to use have a lot less than that. (more offset moves the wheel more inside the wheel well)

also sounds like you might want to work with a different shop . . .

·
Registered
9,239 Posts

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Here's my 06 GT on OEM 19s with 245/45-19s. Everything clears by a mile.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Here's my 06 GT on OEM 19s with 245/45-19s. Everything clears by a mile.

I had those same wheels on my old '06 GT as well. They fit perfectly fine with a ton of clearance as you stated. I just took the stock wheels and tires off and put the bigger ones on. Didn't even mess with the speedometer.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I've searched multiple forums to find an answer, and have been highly unsuccessful. My friend has a 2005 mustang and is trying to put 19" wheels on it (with a width of 9.5). We went to a shop to have them installed with 245/45/19 tires, and they got them on and said they would not fit without rubbing the fender/wheel well. In addition, she also has spacer adapters, which take the wheel further from the location in which it would rub. However, it does not help. Can someone help me out and let me know what we need to do to ensure proper fitment?
Sounds like she's got wheels that belong on a Fox or SN95, which run with offsets more like +22 mm. Fox/SN95 wheels in 9.5" wide will still fit the S197 bolt pattern, but will stick out nearly an inch further than the S197's GT500 wheels, which are 18x9.5, +45 offset per FRPP catalog.

245/45-19 tires should generally be mounted on wheels up to 9" wide, so 9.5" is a mild stretch beyond that which is generally recommended. That said, 9.5 won't be a "fail" unless she needs curb rash protection, which this combination won't provide.

Norm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts