Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on a good friends RaceCraft and noticed when you unlock the car the lights come on and stay on for a few mins. Seems they are on same as the dome lights. Has anyone added this feature to the early model 2005 and up? I thought I could use a relay which is triggerd from the dome light to do this but was not sure if someone has seen this mod. Thanks for any idea......:headscratch:

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
I’m not quite sure I understand your question exactly. I’ll give it a shot though. My car, an 07’ GT turns on the interior lights (not sure which ones) for a few minutes/seconds/whatever when I use the key fob to unlock the doors. I’m not sure if this is on all models or part of some sort of light option package thing. My F-150 does it too. They both also do it when I lock it up too (I’m pretty sure).

I can’t imagine with some time and a wiring diagram it wouldn’t be that hard to find out what sort of control device does this. I doubt it is controlled by the ECU.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I have a '07 also and it does the same. I think all the S197s do that. I think it's controlled in the SJB behind the passengers kick pnl.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Only the dome light comes on my 06 when I unlock the doors, :so and yes it is controlled by the SJB.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Headlights come on with my 2008. Our other car is a Taurus X and it also has puddle lights under the side mirrors that light the ground around the doors. Very nice ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have an 08 GT and my headlights and interior lights come on when unlocking but shut off after 15-20 seconds unless you are inside, and the interior lights stay on a little longer after outside lights go off

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Whether or not the lights come on when you unlock the car can be programmed. I think the procedure is in the owners manual.

Also you can program the horn to honk or not. The same happens when you use the key to unlock the door. I have gotten tired of having the key fob in my pocket, so I am using the key alone for all functions. You have to get it out anyway.

Frank

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Whether or not the lights come on when you unlock the car can be programmed. I think the procedure is in the owners manual.

Also you can program the horn to honk or not. The same happens when you use the key to unlock the door. I have gotten tired of having the key fob in my pocket, so I am using the key alone for all functions. You have to get it out anyway.

Frank
I just looked at my manual, it talks about programming for illuminated entry only. Nothing about the exterior lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.