Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me the actual measurements of their rear seat? I need width and depth of the rear seat base and width and height of the rear seat back. I have a 1970 convertible and I want to retro fit 05-09 seats. I know it will take some fabricating.

According to the specs I've been able to find the listed hip room for an 05-09 is 46.8 for a coupe and 45.2 for a convertible. I need to know if this is the actual width of the seat. My 70 is 46" wide and only 15" deep.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Can someone give me the actual measurements of their rear seat? I need width and depth of the rear seat base and width and height of the rear seat back. I have a 1970 convertible and I want to retro fit 05-09 seats. I know it will take some fabricating.

According to the specs I've been able to find the listed hip room for an 05-09 is 46.8 for a coupe and 45.2 for a convertible. I need to know if this is the actual width of the seat. My 70 is 46" wide and only 15" deep.
Are you retrofitting just the "bench" part (your rear sits on)?
Or are you including the part your back goes on?

I'm assuming you are... Hmm... :scratchchin

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking to retro fit both the bottom and back of the rear seat. However after some research I discovered that it's a lost cause. Even though the sides will fit in terms of width, there are two much bigger problems. One is the fact that the depth of the seat is roughly 4" larger than my stock seat. This means that there would be no leg room for my kids in the back. The other much larger issue is the overall design of the seat bottoms. The seat bottoms are dug out so the rider sits lower in the seat with the drive shaft tunnel in the middle. This won't work with the realatively flat bottoms in my '70.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I was looking to retro fit both the bottom and back of the rear seat. However after some research I discovered that it's a lost cause. Even though the sides will fit in terms of width, there are two much bigger problems. One is the fact that the depth of the seat is roughly 4" larger than my stock seat. This means that there would be no leg room for my kids in the back. The other much larger issue is the overall design of the seat bottoms. The seat bottoms are dug out so the rider sits lower in the seat with the drive shaft tunnel in the middle. This won't work with the realatively flat bottoms in my '70.
Ahhh, okay. Sorry about that! You could probably get some custom made if you really wanted them... :scratchchin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.