Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 mustang v6 with the 4.0...I would like to make it faster so what would you guys recommend?? all ideas will help...I was thinking a cold air intake with tune, new exhaust, and possibly 4.10 gearing....let me know please! and yes I know the whole "you cant make a v6 fast stick with a v8" crap but anything will help, thanks.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have a 2005 mustang v6 with the 4.0...I would like to make it faster so what would you guys recommend?? all ideas will help...I was thinking a cold air intake with tune, new exhaust, and possibly 4.10 gearing....let me know please! and yes I know the whole "you cant make a v6 fast stick with a v8" crap but anything will help, thanks.
Welcome to AFM!

A CAI and tune is the perfect place to start. I'd follow that with a posi track rear end "power to both rear wheels" and gears (3.73s or 4.10s). Dual exhaust looks/sound nice, but only frees up a little HP. But from there you can customize your midpipe X or H, hi-flow cats, or even off road pipes. Alot of goodies to choose from.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05 mustang ideas

Thank you so much! I was wondering about the 4.10 gearing...i heard a lot of positive but will that improve my performance im my car???
Here is my list of priorities:
1) Cai/tune
2)exhaust/dual
3)power to both tires
4)4.10 gearing????
What do ya think!?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Supercharger or Turbo. Quick n easy and not too costly.

·
Registered
136 Posts
A supercharger/turbo will probably cost anywhere from $3-6k plus install. The gains are there no doubt, but it is pretty expensive. I did the CAI and tune on my 07 V6 and noticed better throttle response and a little more power. I hadn't done any of the other mods although I hear going from stock gearing to 3.73 (or 4.10 in your case) will change the feel of your whole car, although technically no additional power is added.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts