Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read on motortrend that the 6.0L 2005 vette is only 0-60 in 5.0 seconds. So our GTs are just as fast? Wow, I didn't know they baseline ones were neck and neck with us(I do know the 7.0L version is like 0-60 in 3.8 or something). But still, I know most people that buy them usually go for the cheapest version(seems like they just want to show off that they have money and don't really care as much about performance).

Just a good thing to know if one pulls up next to me at a light:winks

·
Registered
478 Posts
My Motor Trend Magazine lists it @ 4.4, the convertible 4.8.

·
Registered
91 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
I just read on motortrend that the 6.0L 2005 vette is only 0-60 in 5.0 seconds. So our GTs are just as fast? Wow, I didn't know they baseline ones were neck and neck with us(I do know the 7.0L version is like 0-60 in 3.8 or something). But still, I know most people that buy them usually go for the cheapest version(seems like they just want to show off that they have money and don't really care as much about performance).

Must have read it wrong or something, they are always clocked at 4.2 to 4.4. My friend just got one, and it smokes!!!!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reekostang said:
Must have read it wrong or something, they are always clocked at 4.2 to 4.4. My friend just got one, and it smokes!!!!
Let me try and find he link again.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Spend a couple grand that you saved by buying the mustang and put it in mods, then you can smoke'em!!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:

A good thing to know would be the facts .Either you or Motor Trend got it wrong.I've got an '05 Mustang as well as a 2004 Corvette.I know what each car can do.I love my Mustang and think both are really great automobiles.To sum it up,The next time you pull up to Vette at a stoplight,don't make a fool of yourself.My $.02

·
Registered
579 Posts
My wifes Vette is not worried about a 05 Mustang that is for sure. My wife was driving and pulled a 3.8 0-60 using Toyo street tires.(only last 20k miles but are Street Tires.lol). My wife and I went to test drive a '05 and not impressed with the performance at all. The '05 is lacking 100hp even to feel like something. I like the body style and would like one but by the time you get something with some balls your at the price of a Corvette and still can't handle or brake or have all the goodys of a Vette. Shoot my 13 and 6 year old can't even ride in the back like you can on my Fox body. I will keep my Fox but can buy a GTO now for only $2100 more than the Mustang and gain more features and my kids can ride in comfort in the back seat. Back on topic the '05 will be 4-5 car links behind the Vette by 60 mph

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eep! Ok nm!:tongue

·
Registered
80 Posts
speedytang said:
...but by the time you get something with some balls your at the price of a Corvette and still can't handle or brake or have all the goodys of a Vette...
I won't debate the braking or handling points, and I don't know which "goodies" you're referring to, but to say that you would be at the price of a vette by the time you modded a Mustang GT to the vette's hp level is not correct:

Mustang GT base price: $27,000
Supercharger: $5,000
---------------------
400+ RWHP: $32,000

400 (crank) hp C6 base price: $44,600

:drink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
...I also agree that this is a pointless, apples to oranges debate, as the vette is in a completely different league than the mustang, hence the higher price tag. One can throw a big turbo on an econobox and smoke base vettes all day (or until the engine grenades), but I'd rather have the vette.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think it's more about the total package. The mustang is designed as a good looking, high performing, daily driver. It has a trunk that's useful, and it can hold 4 people. That great looking front grille on our mustangs is about as aerodynamic as a brick. The corvette is designed to be a sports car....fast, aerodynamic, corner carving machine. So, I wouldn't feel bad if I got beat by a vette, as I wouldn't own one. Too limited!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts