Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have seen a lot of threads about putting a new grill/fog lights on a V6.

I bought an '05 V6 so the pony package wasnt out yet. I really prefer the look of the GT grill and lights to the pony package. Is there a grill/set sold for V6 stangs that mimics the GT grill and light look? I know I can buy the pony package lights for like $450 directly from Ford. I am not as good with cars as it sounds like most people on this forum are.

Basically, 4 questions:
1 - Does anyone make a grill and fog lights that look like the GT's that will fit my '05 v6.
2 - How much will it cost
3 - Where can I buy it
4 - How much technical knowledge is needed to install it myself

Sorry if this has been answered in the past, only saw posts on pony package lights for v6's and not GT lights for a 6er.

Also - any idea if I can buy the pony package badges by themself? I'd like to add a couple of those to my mustang as well.

Thanks in advance for the help, I know I am a newbie and its much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Toba

I see people mentioning that I can buy a GT grill as long as I get a GT takeoff bumper. I know this will sound silly, but what exactly does that entail? Am I just replacing my bumper with a Gt's bumper? Any sort of estimated cost?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Search google with 2005 Mustang V6 GT grill style or go to blueovalindustries. I installed mine. It is not difficult. The lights are near the center than OEM GT grill. You have to remove the horn. I see it at CJponyParts.com for $400. You don't need GT bumper. It fits V6 bumper perfectly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just saw the one on blue oval industries. Looks nice but they did move the fog lights to the center by a few inches. Do you know of any direct fitting grille's that have the exact same layout as the GT?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just saw the one on blue oval industries. Looks nice but they did move the fog lights to the center by a few inches. Do you know of any direct fitting grille's that have the exact same layout as the GT?
I searched for a grill that has exact same layout as the GT, but I did not see. So, I bought the fog lights on blue oval industries. Any way, They look better in reality than in picture on blue oval web site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.