Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
It will be the 2005 model year coming out mid to late 2004 from what I understand.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The concept car is actually startig to grow on me a little. When I first saw it I thought it was ugly, but now my opinion is changing. However, from what I've read the production vehicle will look different still and obviously won't be a two-seater.

I am praying the final production vehicle will look like that artist concept drawing that's seen in Motor Trend (the orange one with the 67 style front end).

·
Registered
11,433 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love the concept Mustangs! :green
I hope they make them pretty much as shown (outside of tail lites). If they do, I'm going to have a new car note in late 04 early 05

·
Registered
551 Posts
2005 mustang vid

here

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can't wait to pick mine up!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Liked the video, but wished they would have gotten on it. Good info for all the rumors about what its gonna look like.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thanks for sharing that video with us.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm not so sure about the new concept, those of you who haven't seen it, here's some pictures...

Mustang Concept Pictures...

Personally, and overall, I don't like the mustang concept. Resembles too much of like an Audi TT (which I believe was designed by the same person as the stang concept). Too futuristic of a car, and too soon. They do need to tone it done, and a lot, i agree with that. SN95 body still my favorite....

·
Registered
531 Posts
I only hope it looks as good as the concept. I remember the Rambo concept and what the SN's came out looking like, awsome but chould have really been wicked! I also remember alot of 3 gen. guys whining about how Ford was going to destroy the Stang with the 94. Looks like they were dead wrong.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I love the new fastback. Even though it is a two-seater. But its not like the people in the back had alot of room anyway.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I think it will always be a little different from the concept. I wouldn't like the idea of a 2 seater. What I'm wondering is if they are going to change the 20" wheels they have on it. I know they put 17's on the mustangs now because they actually perform better. But who knows, maybe with the new platform change, 20 inchers won't be that bad.

·
Registered
502 Posts
No 20s, No 2-Seater, No Supercharged GT.

And you KNOW Ford will change something from the concept. I mean, look at the Mach III and the SN-95s. 'Nuff said. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
so.......what about that new 2005 model?

The other day I was reading a car magazine in wich the editors were talking very bad about the styling of the Mustang that's coming out mid-2004. So today I went to the NY autoshow to take a look at it, and I'll tell you what, it looks very damm good to me, It's all you could ask for in a Mustang. I went there looking for it and after seen it, and a replica of "ELENOR" I felt that I had gotten my money's worth.
I just wanted to know what other fellow Mustang enthusiast thought about the new design?

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
i like it a lot. im tired of the sn95 body and 96+ body. i like turning lights

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Too bad it's going to weigh as much as a dump truck.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Monkey Boy said:
Too bad it's going to weigh as much as a dump truck.
In the 70’s they built the mustangs bigger so they could put larger hp engines in, but because of the weight they weren’t faster, just gas hogs…….The test model had the 03 supercharged cobra engine in it and now they state it will have a 4.6 that produces 305 hp…..like history is repeating itself….I like the looks but they have to lighten that thing.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
The only difference is that this time, they aren't making the car bigger so it can hold a bigger engine because it is basically the same engine the Stang has now. The car weighs more because Ford is too cheap to give it it's own chassis. Instead, it has to share a chassis with the heavy Lincoln LS and Ford Thunderbird.

181 - 200 of 239 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.