Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I just want the engine to put in a 96-04 car.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
X1Lightning said:
That thing is just as retro as the mustang.. have you ever seen the original cougars?
I owned a '68 cougar XR7 -look in my photos . . . it's reminescient of a Cougar, but it looks nothing like an old Cougar.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i coulda swore that the lines on the doors where the same on the old one.. i guess its been along time since i seen one.. what car had the doors like that? the reverse mustang scoop is what i'm talking about..

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Looks a lot like a Corvette Stingray . . .

The Alero has the "ears" . . . The TIburon has the reverse C-pillar "ears" as do the Ferraris . . .

So do the 80's Cougars, which is what I think you're thinking of . ..

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I dont really like it, especially the interior. Maybe with some deep dishes and a spoiler it'll look better, but my vote now is a no-go. I think it should be a very limited production car to honor the old one, but mass production will make that car suck in my opinion. Just like sn95 body's, they're everywhere.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
X1Lightning said:
i coulda swore that the lines on the doors where the same on the old one.. i guess its been along time since i seen one.. what car had the doors like that? the reverse mustang scoop is what i'm talking about..
Oh, wait! The reverse body scoop? That would be the Tiburon/Ferrari 456.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
The Sonny and Cher Mustangs reversed the scoop. Could that be it?

What color was the car?

·
Registered
11,433 Posts

·
0 Posts
Monkey Boy said:
I can't wait until somebody starts making aftermarket heads and intakes for the mod motors. That will shut all of the 5.0 guys up who say the engine is crap.:sterb:
No it won't... mod motors will still suck, plastic intake manifolds, too many cams, and not enough pushrods!

Plus... they'll still be too damn heavy, and be too wide to do easy engine swaps with.

If I bought a mod-motor-powered Mustang.... I'd have to swap the extra 460 I've got sitting around into it... it wouldn't weigh but 100 lbs. more, and would be narrower, making it MUCH easier to work on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm not sure what material it is but so far, I don't like it. But it's 2003 right now (i think) lol. It could be the best thing ever come time 2005. But I can't accurately judge it now, soooo We Will See...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
74stang2togo said:
No it won't... mod motors will still suck, plastic intake manifolds, too many cams, and not enough pushrods!

Plus... they'll still be too damn heavy, and be too wide to do easy engine swaps with.

If I bought a mod-motor-powered Mustang.... I'd have to swap the extra 460 I've got sitting around into it... it wouldn't weigh but 100 lbs. more, and would be narrower, making it MUCH easier to work on.
has to be a mod motor. emissions won't alow for a V8 with pushrods and more. thats why in 96 they went to the 4.6

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dom said:
has to be a mod motor. emissions won't alow for a V8 with pushrods and more. thats why in 96 they went to the 4.6
I'm not claiming to be an expert, but aren't LS1's pushrod?

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
SombreroMan said:
I'm not claiming to be an expert, but aren't LS1's pushrod?
Yep, so is the GM 3.8L.

Existing 5.0L architecture wouldn't pass emissions.

201 - 220 of 239 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.