Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The lines on the 05 mustang are amazing. They're the reason I so many have been completely intrigued with BMW over the past 20 years. It's because Ford made a dupey, curvy, gay round thing that was a little too ***** for most.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The '05 stang is the a wet dream! Can I trade my ex-wife for one somehow? As for the mod motors, they are pretty impressive conidering the power they make from a mere 4.6 liter displacement...the aftermarket should have caught up with them by now, but you can bet the more of em there are on the road the more parts will be available. My personal choice is the 302, its hard to beat for simplicity, and alot cheaper to play with yet. I read somewhere that the mod motors over at Chevrolet (4.8 and 5.3) are full tilt, where theres no room for overbores or stroking, etc...is this true with the 4.6/5.4? That would make all the difference in the aftermarket...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I heard an urban legend once about a guy who tried to legally marry his 80s GT...wonder if that ever made it? His arguement was that it would always be more faithful than his ex-wife...lol

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
revmaynard02 said:
Nitro....I think in Arkansas they'll take an ex-wife or step child on trade for new cars......:D just kidding
I heard that was done in Texas!

:doh:

·
0 Posts
kscoyote said:
I heard that was done in Texas!

:doh:
Another viscious rumor started by the left-wing. ;)

As far as the '05 Mustang goes... I really don't like it, I'd much rather have a new GTO, or maybe a 99+ Cougar?

At least the latter of the two are full of fresh ideas.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just took in the '05 photos.
There's a lot to like, and about as much to dislike.
The lines from the side are sort of late 60's early 70's Mustang - but somehow the car looks more like a 300ZX. The side scoop doesn't have a body/door line leading to the top - just the curve of the door makes it look like it was forgotten.

I love what they did with the front end - the retro styling was done great. The only problem is that unless there is ducting or something under the hood to let the air go thru, the front end is going to get awfully light at 70+, just like my '65 coupe did.

I like the gas cap in the middle, but all that red plastic is too reminiscent of the '74-'78 IIs. All that's missing is the ugly yellow turn signals. Wierd how in some of the concept drawings that there were two sets of back-up lights - one in the tail lights and one up and outboard of the exhausts, yet in the photos at Stangnet, there are no back-up lights. I guess they'll be an option like they were on my '65.

I realize that it's just a concept/show car (4 point belts, no airbags, climate controls or sound system) but the interior does need some work. I do like the gages - be better with 270 degree sweep on the speedo and tach, though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
interioe

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccckk:sadcry:

·
Registered
228 Posts
2006 Cobra

I'll be ordering a '06 Cobra as soon as they come out. I think the '05 is a great looking car. It will be my 14th mustang.

·
Registered
495 Posts
05's arn't for me, but they do look nice.
i like the 95-03's better, maybe pop in a better motor down the road.
im still determined to get my 2000 gt =}
im just wondering how the 3v will sound on gt's!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I luv the body style...It has attitude. And as soon as they will let me I will be ordering mine. But the Interior has a lot to be desired. I would really liked to have the interior like my 2003 Cobra SVT...

But I guess I can deal with it. Gotta have this car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really like it, it has more muscle. I've had an 83 and now have a 96, both v-6, but I look forward to graduating nursing school and getting myself a GT convertible, yum yum, eat your heart out...

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I can't wait to see people doing 3 valve head swaps on 96-04 cars!

S

·
0 Posts
Not sure how well I like the air vent and guages setup but still, very very nice!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think is going to be a winner. :D
Like it's been said, there is good and bad with the 05's, I think the back end is not quite right, but still, it a HOT caR. Truth be told, I dreamed of the day I would own a fox body vert. When the SN95 came out, I was repulsed. Well guess what, I've owned 3 SN95, and LOVE them, and I've yet to get that FOX. When Ford changed to the 99up, I liked it but still felt the SN95 was sexier. And no joke I hated the SN95 for the first year they where out. I think the 05's will be the same deal. I mean, it ain't like Mustang II, Ford didn't change whole car, just the look, and they gotta do it from time to time.

221 - 239 of 239 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.