Ford Mustang Forum banner

2005 ford Mustang rough idle

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MustangLife 
#1 ·
So I have a mustang with 90k miles miles on it and it has a little rough of an idle. It usually hovers around 650 but sometimes with drop below that and then bounce back up in a couple of seconds.
It usually will do it while like im slowing down towards a red light it, while my ac is on, and it never stalls at a light it just seems to be running a little rough

So I have read it could be a million things things but with in the last 2k miles it have changed the spark plugs fuel filter oil and cleaned the maf. So now since it is still doing it I was thinking of taking some amsoil power foam and seeing if that helped and also I read on multiple forums to reset your idle after you have disconnected your battery which since I've disconnecteed it multiple times idlevw figured why not give idlevw a try.

I figured both of these options cannot hurt the engine and if anything should help it

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

#2 ·
Here is a recent thread where I had pretty much the same issue.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/878002-rough-idle-only-when-c.html

I see you cleaned your MAF already. To correct the issue I actually just cleaned my MAF really well with MAF cleaner and it helped about 95%. The other thing people recommended on that thread I gave you a link to is to clean the front and back of the throttle body as this generation is known to have build up. I plan to do when I can find some free time. This build up is from oil blow by and you can buy an oil separator to catch the oil blow by, but as you will find searching about that people have mixed feelings about them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.