Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions. What size are the fuel injectors in a 2005? Also, has anyone done the TB bypass and noticed a difference in their car? Finally, anyone recently tried the BBK TB and had any problems? I read a lot of threads on it, but nothing really recent. I know it doesn't do anything, but I want it just to make nice nice under the hood.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Two questions. What size are the fuel injectors in a 2005? Also, has anyone done the TB bypass and noticed a difference in their car? Finally, anyone recently tried the BBK TB and had any problems? I read a lot of threads on it, but nothing really recent. I know it doesn't do anything, but I want it just to make nice nice under the hood.
without looking it up, not sure about the injectors.

i did the tb coolant bi-pass a few years ago. i never noticed any difference, but you would be best to do away with it. keeping heat out of the tb is a good thing, and it makes it alot easier to remove the tb to clean it as routine maint.

ive been running the bbk for a few months. the only issue ive had is the rpm`s want to hang high a little longer than i like, causing a slight cruise control issue. the nice tunists at am tried a couple things but they didnt seem to help. in other words, not much engine braking when i back off the gas, and with my auto going slow down my street i was having to ride the brakes as it would upshift on its own vs. hanging in low gear( which i really liked). i tried a suggestion off here from a guy that said he had to wind the clockspring a extra turn. big mistake. that spring is not made to go a extra turn and it jambed up on me and i had to leave the car on the side of the road last week, get back home and went back with the oem to get the car home. i might try it again though. its tricky getting the voltage set up right, you need a multi meter and patience. but once i got it set right, it kicked butt.

heres my assessment:
the guys that say it doesnt do anything, have not tried it. i`m still n/a but with some mods. it packed a punch, and was crazy responsive. taking it off left me wanting it back on. nothing close to adding a cai and race tune though. i liked that it set the jlt elbow out a little making more room for the longer (new replacement) tps sensor, as the oem tb had my wires crammed into the tube, it looked nice and made the car a little louder, with a definite bit more power.

would i recommend it? i would say no, unless your prepared to work with it, and i think its a little high priced considering you have to use your tb motor. for $50 more you can get a zabteck which is just a ported oem but comes complete as a bolt on but i cant comment on it without trying it.
Zabteck Performance - 07+ Throttle Bodies

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey amustangrocks. Thanks for the feedback. That's a lot of good info. I think I'm going to do the by-pass sometime this week.

I saw a post on the zabteck one before and was looking at it. I'm thining about getting that one. How are your feelings on TB spacers?

The reason I asked about the injectors was because I was wondering if changing them would do anything or if anyone has changed them to bigger ones without running f/i.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Hey amustangrocks. Thanks for the feedback. That's a lot of good info. I think I'm going to do the by-pass sometime this week.

I saw a post on the zabteck one before and was looking at it. I'm thining about getting that one. How are your feelings on TB spacers?

The reason I asked about the injectors was because I was wondering if changing them would do anything or if anyone has changed them to bigger ones without running f/i.
ive never seen a need for bigger injectors in the n/a engine.

if i recall, i think i used the longer of the 2 tb coolant hoses, turned it around and clamped it back on for the bi pass. you can see the hose in the pic. thats the free way to do it. you could also buy the metal tube assembly for a newer car that doesnt have the tb hose stubs, but its not cheap.

most people say the spacer is useless, i know of 1 person on here that disagrees and got better mpg, i havent tried one so i cant say.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts