Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the subject says, I found a supposedly low mileage used BMR watts link suspension system for $150 and I'm curious if it has potential to be a good upgrade at a good price or if I should pass.

I have seen mixed reviews about different watts link kits by different manufacturers: Some were recommended for track only while others were deemed much more street-able... however I couldn't find anything on the BMR kit for whatever reason.

When I bought the Mustang I had no plans to upgrade from a stock suspension setup (only planned on upgrading springs/struts/shocks when mine got tired) but for the price I had to ask you guys/gals if it's worth picking this up. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
Fayys, Steeda, techco, Parnell jones(saleen) are the only manufacturers I know of that make them for an s197 platform. Out of those I have read horrible reviews on the Lakewood. The parnelli jones version on the saleen's were catastrophic leaving only Steeda and fayys as viable options since techco went out of business last I heard. Of the two remaining, fayys And Steeda I would recommend both with personal preference to Steeda because I trust their product like I trust roush for reliability. I have been on bmr's website several times and in depth and have NEVER seen them offer a watts link. Can you provide a link? I would be very weary of the seller since I don't think they make one. However bmr makes outstanding products.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fayys, Steeda, techco, Parnell jones(saleen) are the only manufacturers I know of that make them for an s197 platform. Out of those I have read horrible reviews on the Lakewood. The parnelli jones version on the saleen's were catastrophic leaving only Steeda and fayys as viable options since techco went out of business last I heard. Of the two remaining, fayys And Steeda I would recommend both with personal preference to Steeda because I trust their product like I trust roush for reliability. I have been on bmr's website several times and in depth and have NEVER seen them offer a watts link. Can you provide a link? I would be very weary of the seller since I don't think they make one. However bmr makes outstanding products.
Thanks for that info. I checked out BMR's site earlier and didn't see a watts link however I figured it may just be a discontinued product (though as I mentioned I couldn't find anything on a BMR watts link system on Google either which is why I posted here; I was suspicious as well).

2005 mustang gt wheels watts link bmr susp

That is the link. I am going to send the guy an email to see if the parts are even still available and see what he has to say about the brand.

S

·
0 Posts
My only advice at this point is to call BMR. I would hate to call someone a liar (the person on Ebay), so I would suggest calling BMR and asking if they made one. That is soooo left field man. It can't be right. Be extremely weary. Actually, ask for a pic. And if you don't mind, if he replies please post it here.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My only advice at this point is to call BMR. I would hate to call someone a liar (the person on Ebay), so I would suggest calling BMR and asking if they made one. That is soooo left field man. It can't be right. Be extremely weary. Actually, ask for a pic. And if you don't mind, if he replies please post it here.
I emailed and mentioned that I didn't think BMR made a watts link (and planned on calling BMR when/if he ever replied to confirm with them).. Ends up he "misspoke" and it's actually a Lakewood. too bad, though as you said: 'it can't be right'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts