1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Welcome to the site, enjoy the forums :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
without touching it in what way? internally? cause if you dont wanna touch the motor just leave it stock.

·
Registered
150 Posts
well stock it has around 265 to the wheels. you can get a tuner that'll probably add 10-15 without touching the engine at all. And gear dont add hp but you'll accelerate a lot fast and that doesnt involve touching the engine? do you mean like not opening up the engine or not modifying it whatsoever? Does a set of headers "touch the engine"? hahahahah

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2005gt

without touching it in what way? internally? cause if you dont wanna touch the motor just leave it stock. ________________

Right with the stock engine first.............__

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to upgrade everything else first.Long tube headers,new supension and rearend gears with a short shifter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
do you want to drag race the car? cause if you do you'll only really need rear upper and lower control arms to stop wheel hop. strut tower braces do NOTHING so dont get one. waste of money. ford didnt even use one on their fr500. idk if you're afraid of engine mods but a cold air intake is really easy and makes a huge difference. much easier than anything youre looking at. i'd do:
1. CAI with tune
2. Gears
3. MGW shifter
4. Headers
5. Rear control arms

·
Registered
784 Posts
i got over the 300 mark with the mods in my sig on a mustang dyno. no internal modifications done yet.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I think you mean anything that requires installing something IN the engine, or anything that would require pulling the engine out?

3 simple things I have done to make my car completely different and much more enjoyable.

1) 4.10 FRPP gears. Goes in the rear, no engine work required. It makes a world of difference as for as acceleration but won't add any horsepower will only feel like it did:bigthumbsup

2) SCT Tuner w/ Bama Tunes. This will add some HP but it also makes the car much more enjoyable and easier to drive. Will get you better throttle response and make the gas pedal much more "user friendly"

3) Cold Air Intake. Combined with the tuner, the cai will add you about 20-30 rwhp and you will feel the difference. I was very impressed with the JLT CAI I bought from AM. I didn't think I would notice it because I already had the tuner and gears installed, but I did.

Plus it made my car sound better at idle or at wot. And it's cool to hear that intake sucking air when going wot.:winks The tuner/JLT cai can be had at americanmuscle.com for $534. You can install it yourself in about 20-30 minutes. By far the cheapest, easiest to install, mod on the market that you can guarantee you'll notice.

Also, you can get about 5-10 rwhp from Underdrive Pullies. Not sure if this would fit under you definition of "touching" the engine.

BTW You can have someone else put a supercharger on and have all the horsepower you're comfortable with, and as long as someone else did the install, YOU wouldn't be touching the engine! lol:gringreen:laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts