Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cruising on the highway I'm hearing a hum form the rear. When ever I touch the gas just to cruise I'm hearing the noise. It sounds like it could be coming from the rear wheel axle or even the tires not sure. Has any one heard this. Any suggested fixes. It's not too bad. Maybe check grease in transfer case?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Many posts on rearend problems. Unfortunately, yours maybe heading that way. Make a point to stop at your dealer to have them check it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Rojoking said:
While cruising on the highway I'm hearing a hum form the rear. When ever I touch the gas just to cruise I'm hearing the noise. It sounds like it could be coming from the rear wheel axle or even the tires not sure. Has any one heard this. Any suggested fixes. It's not too bad. Maybe check grease in transfer case?
300 miles on mine, never had tried to spin the wheels, I'm going back to ford for my second rearend. Whats going on??????????????????????????

·
Registered
40 Posts
You might have what I had. I heard the "whine" from the first day of ownership. It got worse. I would begin to hear it at around 40 mph, all the way to 70 mph. My rearend was replaced. It took two weeks to get the parts from Michigan. I hope you don't have the same problem. If so, the replacement will ease your mind.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts