Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I installed a CAI and a throttle body spacer on my s197. Installation went smoothly until I tried to pull the wiring harness off of the throttle body motor (TBS?), one of the clips inside had broken off and I didn't realize until reinstallation. I zip tied it on until I could get to Ford for a new one and thought it wouldn't be a problem because it was still making contact. I pulled out of my shop and made it down the road about a mile until I stopped at a stop light. I went to pull off the light and nothing happened. The wrench light came on and not throttle response. I pulled over and checked the connection and it seemed to still be there. I haven't had a chance to pull the code to my tuner but plan to tomorrow. Other than that i have no idea what to do. Anything helps at this point guys, help me out if you can guys.

Thanks
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
140 Posts
it sounds a lot like what i went thru

the car will start/idle really retarded like/no throttle...

took it to ford and they said the throttle body seized... said i had to get a new one lol 800$

so i got a BBK one for 3 :)

and we installed, and it did the exact same thing... so we googled it, and someone reset the spring inside the throttle body (inside that little metal piece on the side) *side note: i have a V6...* idk if the throttle body was the same... but it's on the left side of it attached to the black plastic cover... took that off and reset the gears inside with the spring... and it fired right up and could drive again :) for a little while after that under WOT the wrench light would come on... but i think the car was adjusting to it maybe??? lol... i don't have any more problems though :)
and in the end, i probably didn't even need a new TB...

sorry for the long random talking :/

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Did you install a tune to match your CAI. You mentioned using the tuner to pull code, but no mention of installing a new tune. Just curious, as this could be the problem. Also make sure the MAF is installed the right way around. Some have managed to put it in backwards causing all kinds of problems. The little window with the sensor wire inside should face the incoming air flow. Also check for vacuum leaks at any point that you had dissembled. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stupid mistake

Turns out I made a very rookie mistake and actually left a sticker in the intake tube. It had sucked it up and thankfully, got caught on my throttle body blade. Thanks for the replies guys but she runs like a dream.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Turns out I made a very rookie mistake and actually left a sticker in the intake tube. It had sucked it up and thankfully, got caught on my throttle body blade. Thanks for the replies guys but she runs like a dream.
I lol'd, that't a pretty funny mistake though. Glad you didn't have any issues with it being sucked into the engine or something.

20 years from now, someones doing a rebuild on your car, pulls the head, WTF, there's a sticker stuck to the top of the valve!

That'd be a funny story too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts