Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my solution for this problem.
The car would sputter violently when pressing hard on the gas pedal or when driving on a steep uphill.
I changed everything I could, TB, gas filter, gas pump, plugs, coils, cleaned the injectors, changed the MAF and what else I don't even remember. All that during a year of trial and error. I went to a shop, they told me, it's a problem with the exhaust, you have to punch holes in the exhaust because your car has too much torque.
I want to the dealership, they told me, change the TB, it's $ 1,200! Thanks I can do that myself with the help of eBay; $ 190.
Finally by chance I found the problem; the electric cable that powers the TB had its isolation cracked open. You can't see it because the cable is heat protected with a plastic sleeve. The copper wire was naked for an inch and an half. I bought a new a TB plug for $ 12 and scrimped it to the net with these heat shrink connectors. Everything works now like new.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Thanks for the information. Mines was solved by cleaning the throttle body. I almost purchased a new throttle body, before reading about other solutions on this forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts