Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
3.23 gears in the manual? yikes...I thought it was bad enough I have 3.31 in my 05 auto convertible GT. I can imagine you are pissed at lack of power with blower. mine is not what I consider a dog with just tune and bolt ons

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
I'm pretty sure 3.23 is a typo, should be 3.31 . . . which are the gears I would want with a PD blower

·
Registered
734 Posts
My cousin had a corsica that couldnt get out of its own way years back, and when we went to do a brake job we discovered the rear right was not fully dis-engaging, you never know. Replaced the caliper, and he said it was like a new car.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Turn the traction control off before you floor it. :wink:

this could be the simple secret tip that nobody thought of yet!

not sure if your car has traction control; but if it is sensing wheel spin it could be killing the power . . . worth a try if you haven't already thought of this

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
this could be the simple secret tip that nobody thought of yet!

not sure if your car has traction control; but if it is sensing wheel spin it could be killing the power . . . worth a try if you haven't already thought of this

Yes this was thought of and tried. Unfortunately I do not have wheel spin. Not enough power to spin the 20's

As of now I am fixing the intercooler issue. replacing the air intake temp sensor as I'm sure it is cooked with the temps I was hitting. Taking out the plugs to clean and regap and doing a compression test. Then I plan on reflashing the computer

I am also fixing an exhaust rattle. I heard a rumor that an exhaust rattle can rock power. It will confuse the knock sensors into thinking the car is knocking causing it to pull power. I know this is a long shot but worth trying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here is a little update.

I chopped almost a foot of hose out of the intercooler system. Now the fluid goes straight from the tank to the pump with no where to stop in between. Intercooler now runs strong
Plugs all pulled and regapped to .035. There were 3 that we .40. I doubt that was the issue
Compression test was done and all cylinders were 170-180 psi.
Cleared the error code on the computer, reloaded my tune

Oh yeah well it was on jack stands I installed my brake kit too :grin:

Waiting on the air intake temperature sensor to arrive from Kenne Bell. Another week....

Not sure if I try her out while I'm waiting or sit and wait..... It the sensor is toast it will immediately pull the timing out, if it wasn't the sensor then I am back to square 1...

Any other ideas out there?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yesterday I had a thought... If my boost a pump wasn't hooked up right or working right would I lose all my power? It would still run since my fuel pump works it just wouldn't get the fuel pressure to support all that boost. I think this would cause the car to pull timing?

Any thoughts on this?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts