Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again guys, I have a 2005 V6 that Ive been trying to make look as close to the Shelby GT500 as I can. Obviously the biggest give away is the front Bumper cover. I was just wondering If i bought a front bumper cover from a 2005 GT500 would it fit on my 2005 V6? what all would I have to replace on the front besides the grill? lights maybe?

·
Registered
766 Posts
2006 was actually the first year for the GT500, but you would need to replace the hood, front bumper and grill. Which includes the headlights.
There are some guys here that have done that conversion, hopefully they will speak up soon.

·
Banned
36 Posts
2007 was first year they made gt500s***

and mine is in the shop now getting the conversion...since i smashd a telephone pole headon at 60 =/

so insurance is paying for part of it while i pay the difference which isnt gonna be to bad

here are the things u will need from the gt500 to complete the conversion

1.the bumper cover (duhhhh)
2.front headlights
3.fog lights
4.upper and lower grille
5.front wheel wells
6.and all the rivets/bolts needed...depends what is reusable from old bumper
7.u will need wiring harness for fogs....depending on ur vehicle....i had fogs since i had the pony package....unsure of what u would do if u did not have fog lights

iv heard costs average to be 1500-2000

·
Registered
239 Posts
your best bet, go on eBay and check out the packages they have on there. for something like 1600.00 they have the entire front end conversion kit -- hood, bumper, grilles, everything. For something like 2300 you can have the backend and front end, everything to make your mustang a GT500 on the exterior.

If i ever get the money, my v6 will be a mix of the 500 and Eleanor -- good luck man!

·
Registered
786 Posts
your best bet, go on eBay and check out the packages they have on there. for something like 1600.00 they have the entire front end conversion kit -- hood, bumper, grilles, everything. For something like 2300 you can have the backend and front end, everything to make your mustang a GT500 on the exterior.

If i ever get the money, my v6 will be a mix of the 500 and Eleanor -- good luck man!
E-bay is def one option, however, I wouldn't go as far to say that it is your best bet. Try to compare prices from silverstateford (a ford parts dealer in nevada) they offer deep discounts over retail. I have been looking for the upper and lower grills for my 500 bumper, and all of the ebay ones were retail. Looked at silverstateford and found it at nearly half the price of retail. Your other option it to look on Craigslist. There is a black gt500 bumper for sale back east somewere for like 250 allready painted, so that would be a big savings right there. (they retail at 350 then you have to get them painted, another 3-5 hundred) so if you bought a used one allready painted, you save big.

·
Banned
36 Posts
honestly dont bother buying it from ebay! its a rip off those ppl that sell the "kits" found the demand for this front end on the lower models (v6,gts) and marked the price up ...some ppl try and get away with selling the kits for 3k...its rediculous

shop at the dealerships ...someone might be nice and give u wholesale price on the parts if u do the paint thru them or something

and silverstatefordparts.com is deffinitly a great option!
i called their dealership in las vegas and got my gt500 bumper cover for $30 plus shipping ($85)

·
Registered
482 Posts
2007 was first year they made gt500s***

and mine is in the shop now getting the conversion...since i smashd a telephone pole headon at 60 =/

so insurance is paying for part of it while i pay the difference which isnt gonna be to bad

here are the things u will need from the gt500 to complete the conversion

1.the bumper cover (duhhhh)
2.front headlights
3.fog lights
4.upper and lower grille
5.front wheel wells
6.and all the rivets/bolts needed...depends what is reusable from old bumper
7.u will need wiring harness for fogs....depending on ur vehicle....i had fogs since i had the pony package....unsure of what u would do if u did not have fog lights

iv heard costs average to be 1500-2000
To add to this list:

8. Lower splitter
9. Lower splash shield (tray under the radiator, preesent on GT models, needed to do a V6 conversion right)
10. upper radiator cover
11. upper fascia support brackets

·
Registered
786 Posts
honestly dont bother buying it from ebay! its a rip off those ppl that sell the "kits" found the demand for this front end on the lower models (v6,gts) and marked the price up ...some ppl try and get away with selling the kits for 3k...its rediculous

shop at the dealerships ...someone might be nice and give u wholesale price on the parts if u do the paint thru them or something

and silverstatefordparts.com is deffinitly a great option!
i called their dealership in las vegas and got my gt500 bumper cover for $30 plus shipping ($85)
Did you find out about if from my post on here? I think like three people on this board bought bumps from that guy after reading my post (and he only had five) He sooo owes me a coke!

Sorry for hijacking, Nobody has mentioned if the turn lights need to be gt500 specific. Are they different, or will my v6 ones fit in the new gt500 bumper?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Turn signals are the same on all models (V6/GT/GT500)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.