Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to add JBA headers to my 2005 Mustang GT, 5 spd. JBA recomends strongly that I upgrade the stock motor mounts at the same time saying the stock ones allow too much motion of the engine.

Has anyone done this? Heard of it? What is your opinion?
Mike Sannes

·
Registered
829 Posts
mikesann said:
I'm about to add JBA headers to my 2005 Mustang GT, 5 spd. JBA recomends strongly that I upgrade the stock motor mounts at the same time saying the stock ones allow too much motion of the engine.

Mike Sannes
My opinion is that you have to to keep their headers from rattling around. They must have a few tight spots and know it. I would ask them for the manufacturer and part number so you get something they know is correct.

·
Registered
659 Posts
mikesann said:

Mike Sannes
Hey Mikesann,

I had JBA shortys installed by JBA's shop (well worth the cost of installation unless you have two post lift), and you really need to get motor mounts. JBA took full advantage of the space available to stuff the longest most even tubes they could fit in the space and it's very tight becasue of this. It's also the main reason the JBA shortys actually work unlike most of the other shorty designs on the market that are just tubular versions of the stock cast manifolds.

The stock mounts are too soft for hard use and JBA's headers can have mechanical interference with various parts unless you install harder mounts. I went with Steeda's motor mounts per JBA's recomendation and they installed the black pucks. I'd recomend the red pucks to minimize vibration which you WILL get with the black pucks installed in the Steeda mounts unless you like the instant power transfer of the very stiff mounts.

Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts