Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 V6 just turned the 36,000 mile mark. Is there anything that I need to have checked out at this time. I have taken her in for her oil changes and inspections and just want to know from your past experiences thing to watch for at this stage of the game.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
how are the tires holding up after 36k miles?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
This is the 30k maint

Inspect
Ball Joints
Brakes and Traction Control -Inspect brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, brake lines & hoses, and parking brake system. Cooling System - Inspect cooling system and hoses.
Drive/Propeller Shaft - Inspect half shafts, driveshaft and U-joints, if equipped.
Exhaust System
Fluid - A/T (Except 4F50N & 4F27E) - Inspect automatic transmission fluid level on all other vehicles, if equipped with dipstick. Heat Shield, Exhaust
Steering and Suspension - Inspect steering linkage and suspension.
Vehicle (Multi-Point Inspection)
Perform Multi-Point Inspection (Recommended by Ford) Refer to Routine Service.
Wheel Bearing Inspect wheel ends for endplay and noise.

Replace Air Filter Element
Cabin Air Filter - Replace cabin air filter, if equipped.
Engine Oil
Oil Filter, Engine
A/T (4F50N & 4F27E Only) -Change automatic transmission/transaxle fluid on all vehicles equipped with 4F50N & 4F27E. Inspect automatic transmission fluid level on all other vehicles, if equipped with dipstick.
Fuel Filter
Rotate Tires

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tires are still doing OK but I am looking at replacing them before wintertime. Looking at getting some all-weather tires for the radical season changes my area is prone to.

Thanks Stl for the info. The last inspection I had my Ford dealership do was in January and they said that all my fluid levels were good and the only thing that needed to be changed was the oil filter which had been done.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I still am not sure when the A/T fluid needs to be changed. Looked at the service intervals for the 5R55S and I swear the first change is 150K.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
150k for the 5R55S trans fluid? WOW!!! i figured i'd have the system flushed at about 50k or so

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.