Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been a year since I made my first search for a decent shifter for the automatic transmission and I have yet to see anyone building one. I really find it hard to believe. There are more Mustang accessories available than stars in the sky and yet no shifter.
I am really tired of the plastic feel and the mystery whenever I look for anything other than Park.

There now I feel better (sort of).

·
Registered
527 Posts
i have an automatic gt to ive been looking for cool shifter too but havent seen anything but sick of getting **** for not having a manual

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
The B&M looks like something I'd install on my go-kart. The TCI is a little more impressive.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
everytime i think i found a shifter for my car, underneath it is reads "1999-2004" and i just sigh... :(

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am just blown away by the fact that it has been over 3 years and no shifter yet.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Trust me I have looked, and looked; and nothing .

·
Registered
362 Posts
TCI makes a very sweet looking ratchet shifter. The rest look of plastic probably feel of plastic and cheap.

·
Registered
362 Posts
What? Is the TCI advertised and can't be purchased? From what I have seen of it, the thing really looks nice.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Seems everything about the s197 is a but pricey.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The shifter is one of the few things I really dislike about my car. The plastic seam on the top of it really looks crappy. Someone really should come up with a reasonable alternative (i.e., not $400+) and they'd sell them by the boatload.

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
They should throw in a tranny for that price :hihi:
I agree but it looks good. Wow 469.00 must have some kind of quality.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.