Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Quick question -- Does Ford still put the build sheet from the assembly line under the rear seat of the new generation 'Stangs as was done in the 1st generation? I found the original for our 73 Mach 1 there when doing a full restoration, & if it were in the same area I thought I might "rescue" the current one before it goes 30 years with the appropriate destruction going on. I don't plan on pulling the seats unless it actually is there -- rule of thumb -- don't mess with anything unless it needs to be altered, fixed, or replaced.:sterb:
M-73

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't think so :?: since everything now is computerized and robotized -- but I thought I'd ask anyway -- got a bunch of stuff from our friend Kzinti including the pdf window sticker :worship --- so I guess my collection of "protect & preserve" is pretty much filled.:drool:

Thanks
M-73

·
Registered
8 Posts
2005 Mustang GT build sheet

2005GT build sheet. I have a 2005GT and was wondering if there is a build sheet with the car and if so where do I find it?
Build sheet. I have a 2005 GT convertible. Is there a build sheet with the car? If so, where do I find it?

I have a 2005 GT convertible. Is there a build sheet with the car? If so, where is it located.​

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
go to your ford dealer and ask the parts department if they will give you a print out of your cars hvbom,you will need to give them your vin# it will tell you everything, big G:D

·
Registered
286 Posts
The build sheets are trashed as the car comes down the lines at Flat Rock after their relevence is finished. The only way to get one of the many that accompanies a specific car during it's build is to walk the line and request one or more from the assembly workers.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nope. You may luck out and find the masking tape that retained one of many build sheets affixed to the car during its travel down the 6 lines at Flat Rock... They are thrown away when their usefulness is completed to reduce clutter.

·
Registered
242 Posts
O.K., I'll ask a dumb question, "What is a hvbom" ?? :headscratch:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I just did a search and found a guy on another forum got his hvbom from the dealer parts department. Just do a search for hvbom. Like the window sticker it's probably in their computer system for a limited amount of time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts