Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the Walmart kitchen dept. where you can pic up the perfect tool for re-charging your 4x9 cai filters using the spray oil kits. it goes for 19.99. and the best part, it will double as a actual kitchen scale in the kitchen:hihi: after you clean the filter good and its dry, weight the filter. then its a matter of adding 48 grams of oil to the filter for the perfect amount.( i was shooting for 669g.) more or less is not good. i use the s&b filters that come on the jlt cai`s. i have a red and a blue for my changing moods. now one note: do not, i repeat do not spray the colored oil in your wifes kitchen, or you might be sleeping in the car :nogrinner

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
Wow! Now that's creative use of a kitchen scale! I'm going to nickname you "Martha" :laugh: :bigthumbsup Nice job!!!

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
I am guessing your wife wasn't home when you pulled that off :D

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Cool idea. :bigthumbsup How did you come up with 48g for the perfect amount?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Now that's creative use of a kitchen scale! I'm going to nickname you "Martha" :laugh: :bigthumbsup Nice job!!!
Hmmm, martha ,mike t...i think i like just mike, but thank you :)
i actually thought about it first, and took the operation to the garage, good thinkin huh for a old guy:)

Cool idea. :bigthumbsup How did you come up with 48g for the perfect amount?
i called s&b filters just to make sure. but you can get on their website and match up the size and shape of your filter. it will give you the grams of oil. but for the 4x9 conical filter, thats it! :D

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
k&N just says wash clean wash then load it with oil... then respreay white spots lol!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
If he's a guy; what really happened was he got it cleaned up before she came home.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Wait why wouldn't I do it in the kitchen.......oddly enough....that's where a lot of my tools end up getting misused anyways.:so

If it's missing from the garage......I always know where to find it.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Wait why wouldn't I do it in the kitchen.......oddly enough....that's where a lot of my tools end up getting misused anyways.:so

If it's missing from the garage......I always know where to find it.
I have a verity of tools laying around the kitchen. Compound miter saw, electrical, and some car part tooo..:hihi:

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That a nice way for the new guys to get a feel for how it should be done.
thank you travlers.:shiny: ive been known to keep my small outboard motor on a stand in the kitchen, or car parts in the cabinet under the sink( when i was single and had a appartment). somehow my fitler thread has taken a turn for the worst :nogrinner i thought it was some good advice, but then hey, kitchens are kinda a extension form the garage, so what do i know:)

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
The kitchen is to wife, as garage is to husband

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The kitchen is to wife, as garage is to husband
thanks stoenr for a little re assurance of the thought process i put in on behalf of the women involved that lay stakes to the territory within the dwelling. :) much less grief to take the scale and spray oil outdoors.:so

·
Registered
751 Posts
So the JLT CAI filter for the V6 supposed to have 48 grams of oil for a total weight of 669 grams. Is that right?

Also should the MAF be cleaned everytime you clean the filter?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So the JLT CAI filter for the V6 supposed to have 48 grams of oil for a total weight of 669 grams. Is that right?

Also should the MAF be cleaned everytime you clean the filter?
you could inspect the maf, probly shouldnt need cleaning every time. dont go by the 669 grams. when your filter is good and dry, weight it. then add 48 grams of oil to whatever your dry weight was to get the number to shoot for. it could vary from filter to filter or just how dry it is, and your golden:)

·
Registered
473 Posts
ok well i bought this recharge kit from JLT's website and it came with that little fat syringe looking deal is that what you mean by "spraying oil" or do you actually have a little can that sprays the oil? sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm just worried i'll over do it with the oil by not applying it right. Any advice on how to apply it as to not apply too much on one side and have too little for the other? I would like to do this right the first time around :shigrin

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just don't keep the scale in your car. If the fuzz sees it in "plain view" they'll bust you for "drug paraphernalia". I've had untold numbers of clients get their cars stripped and searched over scales. If one of your friends or a previous owner left ANYTHING in the car, guess who gets a trafficking charge now?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.