Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All Hail Mustang !

Does anyone know where I can purchase Quality long-life Vinyl Custom 05+ California Special Side Stripes in various colors such as slate grey, mineral grey, pearl white or silver that are reflective at night and also true to the original GT/CS design.

I have seen versions that are similar but not exact. I didn't like the fact that they have a different scored lines design where the original stripes actually fades to zero near the side scoop.

I think 3M makes a quality vinyl but I am not sure what shop can cut exact custom designs and if they carry the reflective color material I am looking for.

I would like to install and enjoy them this summer!

Thanks Guys

Mustang Mert

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey stlwagon.

Thanx for the references so far bobwhitedecals.com have the design I like. I don't want to seem obsessive but I am looking for a reflective stripe that isn't too white in daylight.

Maybe a dark silver reflective or a slate or mineral grey reflective.

White/light silver reflective just seems a little too stark like screaming " This is a cheesy aftermarket add-on "

If I mod the original GT/CS stripe I want to love the new design, not just settle for something different, just to be different.

Maybe I will contact Bob White and ask about custom cut colors.

Still looking,

Mustang Mert

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yo stlwagon,

I'll be sure to post when Cal Special stripes are installed.

You seem to have your pulse on the Mustang customization scene, so I'll ask you if you know a shop that can cut custom
vinyl designs from scratch with my reflective color of choice using the original GT/CS stripe as a template?

Thanx,
Mustang Mert

·
Registered
45 Posts
Many places should, where I work we can, don't know cost though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Starfire...

I would appreciate any names of companies and phone numbers that cut custom auto vinyl.

Thanx

·
Registered
883 Posts
Faded stripes are thermal printed... not alot of vinyl shops are set up to do that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GrayPony,

I would make a concession and not be too picky if the stripes did not fade to zero.

The solid design is fine, but I definitely don't want a black or white stripe.

Something that would not have so much contrast with black body color such as dark silver, slate or mineral gray is what I'm looking for.

I think the reflective aspect would look cool at night.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah reflective could only be solid, heck here is a mini stripe I made for my GT/CS dash...

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like teh design of the solid strip from Bob White but I really don't want to mess with teh stock ones on my CS...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Starfire,

Did you find out any more info. about the stripe from your job, price and availablity?
I am still interestedin the stripe with the previously mentioned specs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.