Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not able to raise my park brake up high enough to remove the top part of the center console. I am trying to install a new radio and have tried to remove the console but the park brake handle just will not raise high enough. Anyone have a clue as to what I should do? Is there something simple I don't know about park brakes?
Thanks for any help!
Steve

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
just gotta jimmy it out.

but if u get it loose, and pull off the 2 panels beside the radio. then you dont need to remove it

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this problem too, I just removed the plastic parts behind the parking brake handle. they are easy to remove. It consists of two parts upper and lower, try pull them apart gently and they come off, you will have a plenty of space

I hope this will help

·
Banned
52 Posts
Open the center console storage compartment. Remove the cover for the parking brake adjustment. Raise the brake lever 4 notches. Now you will see an adjustment nut for the parking brake. Turn that counter clock wise until you can raise the lever as high as you need to.
Good Luck :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help!

Sure appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out. I will get on it tomorrow as I had to work late tonight. I will let you guys know how it turns out. I will try all ideas. I have already tried the jimmy thing. I was afraid I would scar up the panel in front so I wasn't aggressive with that.
Thanks again!
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.