Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an '05 mustang v6, yesterday i was with some friends and while trying to be cool i came to a stop sign and i tryed to peel out while turning at the same time. at first everything was fine so i kept going until i hit about 60 mph. when coming to a stop i tryed turning and the steering wheel was really stiff. i imediately went home and by the time i was at the entrance of my place the steering was fine, but then as i parked in i noticed smoke coming out of the front. i opened it quickly and realized there was no water, as i put it in the water came out through the thermostat. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO FIX IT OR WHATS WRONG OR WHAT TO DO!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION

·
Registered
287 Posts
not trying to insult...but you are in alabama, it's warm enough that you can't use straight water in your car. As far as the leak if it is leaking around the thermostat housing check your hoses and check the gasket in the thermosat housing. Pick up an antifreeze tester and get your antifreeze mix right. Antifreeze isn't just for keeping the car from freezing, it also controls the boiling point (which is what probably happened and the cooling system is suppossed to pump fluid...not steam.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Common problem with the V6 plastic t-stat housing cracking. You'll need to go to Ford and pick up a replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.