Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there are any products out right now that monitor engine vitals(oil psi/temp, air/fuel, boost, etc.) that comes in a digital display unit, similar to a navigation display. Does anyone know if there is something like this for our cars? Or least is there something that is quasi-similar.

I would love to mount something like that into my dash or center console.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Autometer makes the digital gauges

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Autometer makes the digital gauges
I know the gauges exist, but I was looking for a digital display unit, if one even exists. One that encompasses a multitude of gauges perhaps.

·
Registered
922 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hate to hijack at all, but it kinda goes along with the thread.

I have a touchscreen in my center console, and is there anything that would output a standard RCA signal into that with an image of a couple gauges?

If that were the case, the original poster may be able to implement something like that, plus it plays DVD's and does Nav ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only issue I see is it's not an OBDII connection, it's a CAN BUS interface.
I don't know, the website and the video say it plugs into the OBD2 Port, and the application guide on their website says it works with 05-present mustangs.

Those gauges definitely would be cool, so that's one option, but it would be cooler to see a Nav unit with gauges built in, THAT, I would buy in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
What about hooking up a 5 inch screen that data logs your car :) kind of have it set for an AUX port in a LCD screen of a DVD player that will mount flush in your dash.

Some one needs to make that. Have a computer chip like SCT or Diablo that will digetly display AFR, boost, your RPM's on your past shift points, warning for detonation, and ect all on a flush mounted screen. Kind of like the live wire but a clean sexy look. Not an added piece of equipment that doesnt look like it belongs there and all you have to do is wire it into your computer and the AUX of the screen.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ummm....... :)

Hate to hijack at all, but it kinda goes along with the thread.

I have a touchscreen in my center console, and is there anything that would output a standard RCA signal into that with an image of a couple gauges?

If that were the case, the original poster may be able to implement something like that, plus it plays DVD's and does Nav ;)
What about hooking up a 5 inch screen that data logs your car :) kind of have it set for an AUX port in a LCD screen of a DVD player that will mount flush in your dash.

Some one needs to make that. Have a computer chip like SCT or Diablo that will digetly display AFR, boost, your RPM's on your past shift points, warning for detonation, and ect all on a flush mounted screen. Kind of like the live wire but a clean sexy look. Not an added piece of equipment that doesnt look like it belongs there and all you have to do is wire it into your computer and the AUX of the screen.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Actually, I just realized it's already been done.....on the only car I would give up the stang for right this moment.(I know that's sacrilegious to think about.)

The Nissan GT-R

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Actually, I just realized it's already been done.....on the only car I would give up the stang for right this moment.(I know that's sacrilegious to think about.)

The Nissan GT-R
Now if only they had THAT, but for a Mustang and can work with a pre-existing screen, I would be all over it!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey now! I said it first... :(
;)

Edit: Actually I didn't go as in depth, but that was what I was hinting at.
:scratchchin ACTUALLY i said it first in the OP when i said i was looking for a digital display similar to a nav unit, but I digress. ;) :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
422 Posts
:scratchchin ACTUALLY i said it first in the OP when i said i was looking for a digital display similar to a nav unit, but I digress. ;) :bigthumbsup
True, true. I was thinking you meant more of a separate unit that only did that, and I was talking about a unit which inputs into the screen with gauges. But that would just be nit picking :scratchchin:nono:.

But hey, I'll jump on google and see if I can find somethin', because that would make me feel a little better about spending all that money on a screen which I only use to play music (still have yet to buy the add on nav hard drive)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.