Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently [earlier this week] purchased my '05 GT with 57k miles on it.

For any of you with the manual transmission... is it normal to be able to hear the transmission a bit?

I can definitely hear it slightly if I have the radio turned down/off and I'm not sure how 'normal' that is... My only other vehicles so far have either been FWD or been SUVs where the trans was a bit further from me so I'm not sure what to expect from something like the stang..

While cruising at highway speed I don't really hear much (if any) noise from the trans but accelerating through gears or reversing down my driveway is definitely a bit audible.

I know that this description kinda sucks... there's really no way to really define what 'a bit audible' is :laugh: I just wanted to be sure that I can bring it back to the dealer and have the issue addressed if it is actually a problem and I shouldn't be hearing anything from the trans tunnel area.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I little sound when in the lower gears or reverse is pretty normal. If you have to turn off the radio it sounds as though you don't have a problem.

Frank

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. If that's the case then I'm glad to hear it. :bigthumbsup

I can still hear it a bit when the radio is low but I just wasn't sure if it should be alarming to hear anything at all.

My 5-speed Jeep is pretty damn loud but I also have a bad input bearing (or maybe bad throwout bearing) and I have absolutely no interior (no carpet, center console, headliner, etc) so I hear just about everything with that vehicle and couldn't use it as a good comparison. :shigrin Haven't had an interior in it for a few years now and couldn't remember how loud it was before (plus it's a completely different vehicle anyway so a bad comparison any way you look at it)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts