Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is my first thread so if my titles not in the proper format i apologize.

No disrespect but im a charger guy. So im a little decided to buy the wife a 05 ford mustang GT.
I have Hawk's Performance Ceramic brake pads. They stop very well but they have a real bad squeal to them at low speeds. Its time for her to replace her rotors and brake pads. Im going with these rotors (See link below) but im not sure of some good brake pads. She's not going to be racing at all. Just daily driving and requires a good stop with no squeal.

Thanks in advance

05 06 07 Ford Mustang Rotors V6 Drilled Slotted FREE SH - eBay (item 190387903663 end time Feb-03-11 18:52:02 PST)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind the link is for V6 rotors :( thought i found a good price on some. :( i still need help with the brake pads though.

thanks again

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
go to autozone.

get a set of duralast semi metallics.

tehy are awsoem and have a lifetime warranty.

they stop fast, quiet, and last a while.

i run my car down the track with these.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
that looks liek a good deal on rotors...but dont the mustangs have the bearing pressed in on the front rotors?

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
no i looked and answered my own question

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hi djv

If your wife is a "regular" driver and not taking the car to the track, I might even rec a set of stock pads and rotors.

If she is a "spirited" driver with occasional/rare track days, I could totally rec the bullit pads on stock rotors. (That's what I ust on the German Autobahn)

Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts