Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
October issue of 5.0 Mustang has Paul's CMRC deletes gaining 11.4 rwhp/ 17.5 rwtq. I think that is a bit "embellished" albeit it mainly happens at the lower rpm range (3-4k rpm).
Never the less, those numbers ARE significant for $199.00.
Even if they are 10/15 it is a great HP/ $ ratio.

Steeda's have gone up, $320 vs $199 ?!? Steeda's look lot's prettier but, who cares. Paul's appear to have new O-rings anyways.

I wanted to do this mod when I first got my GT but was talked out of it by the local speed shop saying it took away "low end torque" which is not the case per the a.m. dyno graphs. "...even tested below 1000rpm, and at no point did the factory CMRC setup provide any power nor torque advantage."

This is encouraging news to us guys always looking for a few more Ponies.

Anybody done the deletes and if so please give dyno feedback if you have it known. A re-tune is mandatory apparantly, which adds to the belief of more air to the heads. The stock "clean emmisions" clap trap may be a Pony Robber after all.

I am seriously thinking about Paul's for my Pony.

Any comments are welcomed.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I do not have the dyno gain numbers but LOVE the power delivery in my car! It is a VERY simple piece, it's the same thiknes as stock, same holes as stock, just no valves... You can't see them so looks... who cares! The holes are exactly the size of the heads so I'll have to port my CMDPs when I put the new P&P:ed heads on...

All good so far but I think (as usual) those are the best numbers! Maybe running way lean and what not... I think you can expect 8-10 on the dyno running safe...

·
Registered
559 Posts
kj_cinci said:
I do not have the dyno gain numbers but LOVE the power delivery in my car! It is a VERY simple piece, it's the same thiknes as stock, same holes as stock, just no valves... You can't see them so looks... who cares! The holes are exactly the size of the heads so I'll have to port my CMDPs when I put the new P&P:ed heads on...

All good so far but I think (as usual) those are the best numbers! Maybe running way lean and what not... I think you can expect 8-10 on the dyno running safe...
Dear KJ Cinci,

Where did you get yours and what was the price???

Thanks, Dave :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
discofan said:
Dear KJ Cinci,

Where did you get yours and what was the price???

Thanks, Dave :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin
I got mine from a guy that didn't want to put them on his car, too involved install plus the instructions say 'you cannot put back the stock ones as they have to be calibrated' or something of that effect...

I cancelled my backorder with SHM where I had them ordered as they had the best price back then. I recall they were close to 100 less than Steeda them self! Pauls unit in one of the latest magz looks the same and are 200... I really think you can't go wrong making this piece as it is very simple...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can you help the mechanically challenged by spelling out what CMRC means?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Goliath said:
Can you help the mechanically challenged by spelling out what CMRC means?
Charge Motion Runner Controls which are butterfly valves covering the cylinder intakes. They open up fully allready at 1500 RPM but are still in the way creating some turbulence and a choking point for the intake air... The fix is commonly called CMDP, Charge Motion Delete Plates (which is Steedas name for the AM part) and is a wide open unit, no valves messing with the air flow...

I don't think you have them on the 4.0's...??

·
Registered
191 Posts
thanks, I just like to learn about the stuff, I had seen 'charge motion plates' on the steeda website, didn't really know what they did, i do now.

Cheers

·
Registered
886 Posts
Am I correct in thinking these install between the intake and head? What's the install like for thos eof you already running them?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
ultraclyde said:
Am I correct in thinking these install between the intake and head? What's the install like for thos eof you already running them?
That is correct. It is a bit involved, you have to remove all wires and hoses from the throttle body, manifold, fuel rails, etc. Then remove the manifold, intake and plastic cover to get inside. Then just remove the actuator arms for the plates and then the plates themselfs...

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
and we that have custom tunes....arent these valves now always open????

·
Registered
266 Posts
Gibbo_UK: All 4.7's have them already installed to increase low end/low r.p.m. torque. They say adding them to the F series pickups allows it to create 85% of available torque at under 1500r.p.m., impressive.
R3dF1r3 and others are talking about the benefit of "removing" the plates (like throttle body flaps) from inside the upper intake to allow for increased high r.p.m. air-flo.
Carlos

·
Registered
135 Posts
MickMach said:
and we that have custom tunes....arent these valves now always open????

Is this true?? I am running BamaChips tune and was thinking about the CMDelete

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
help us out here guys....my understanding was with Evolution Performance...mine shold be always open...but Im not sure. even if they are I know deleting them would be even better for performance...no butterfly thingy in there to get in the way of air flow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
MickMach
I see you also have PYPES off-road. I'm getting a differnt tone at around 2400-2700RPM Do you have the same thing?

·
Registered
369 Posts
So I went to Paul's High Perfomance website and I can't find the CMRC delete kit. Is Steeda's the only one we can get?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Osiris said:
So I went to Paul's High Perfomance website and I can't find the CMRC delete kit. Is Steeda's the only one we can get?
I am going to call them and see if I can get some info in the morning

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
No, they're not tuned to wide open.

The main gain is from removing them, making the holes larger, more open and smoother.

Yes, I have the Steeda units. Got them from SHM who was cheapest, Canda, maybe they can ship?

I noticed my car not as 'strong' of the line, a bit more clutch finess needed to do the rolling stop in 2nd... I also noticed a bit more even, smoother, and stronger (dyno graph) pull all through the register. If you plan on making serious power over stock, ie. +50 HP extra, you need them as the stockers really are restrictive...

PS. Sorry I didn't get back sooner... didn't get an e-mail to look in here until tonigh...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Osiris said:
I just talked to the fokes at Paul's His price is the same as Steeda's. $319.00 I think I will just go with the Steeda's in fact he may just be selling the Steeda's himself?? And the only thing his tune dose is shut of the CMR so you don't get a CEL...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts