Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2005 Mustang GT convertible that has the Shaker1000 stereo system. The woofers are mounted in the trunk. I tried to get the trunk floor out of the car to get to the spare tire and jack. The floor is wedged under the woofer -- and I believe I have to take the woofer out to remove the trunk floor. I contacted the original owner who stated almost impossible to take out -- and just as hard to replace. He painfully succeeded one time and never tried again.

This is an early 2005 convertible -- built in April 2005. If anyone has experienced this same problem I would love to know your workaround! My thought was go get the floor out and neatly saw off about an inch that sits under woofers on the right side.

Hopefully Ford has fixed this in the past 4 years somewhere along the way!

·
Registered
520 Posts
The floors pull right out from the back. They just tuck under the subs a small bit. You need to remove the trunk floor to get to the spare. It wouldnt make sense to make you remove subs to get the spoare out? The floor can get tucked in by the tail lights and get a little stuck. When installed properly the floor wont be tucked under the plastic taillightliners

·
Registered
162 Posts
My neighbor has a 2006 vert and he had some trouble getting his cover out. He found that when the Shaker1000 was mounted from the factory it was not placed in the right place. He moved the speaker back a little and no problem now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.