Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My 2005 Mustang GT Coupe started leaking water this past winter and now my interior smells like mildew! One day after washing the car, I noticed about 2-3 inches of water at drivers side rear floor. The car was parked facing uphill in my driveway. I removed all necessary trim pieces including center console to lift carpet to cut out and dry under carpet insulation because I could not remove carpet. During a water test, I found water coming in over top of black exterior trim piece around door openning, and going down "A" pillar behind body mounted weatherstrip.I removed black trim and found the foam backed tape all messed-up, so I replaced them on both sides. But, it still leaks! I found water droplets behind left kick-panel area, under the modules, ahead of fuel reset switch, left of clutch pedal. I'm soo bummed out now,I'm wondering if maybe my windshield is leaking. Has anybody expirenced this problem and have a possible fixx? Thanks for any suggetions!

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
There are a number of threads on water leaks. Search and you'll find them. Sounds like you have an issue with the body seam not sealed properly underneath the front cowl.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Also, remove the 2 black rubber grommet drains under the firewall in the engine compartment, and clean out any debris that may have collected in them.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The easy thing to check is the drains like the above guy said. My car is in the shop right now for a major fix. The right and left fenders have to come off and they have to reseal a seam that runs from the apillar to the bottom of the car. $1000 and not covered under ESP warranty only new car warranty. I am really ticked at Ford right now. I hope this isnt your problem. YOu might have to take off the cowl and replace and reseal the cowl installation grommets(there are 10 of them). There is also a pinch weld under the cowl that you can work seam sealer into. Read the TSB on the issue listed under the TSB section and if you have anymore questions you can PM me and Ill be glad to tell you my headaches with this problem. The dealer has had my car now for almost 2 weeks!!! Then again I told them to make sure 100% to fix the leak. Im paying by credit card and already talked to the car company about canceling payment if Im not satisfied. So needless to say I will be soaking the car when I get it back and if it leaks they are not getting a dime. If Ford directly owned the dealer I would do this anyway as I still think Ford should cover it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
yeah i have a brand new car...prob a month old. It rained last night and there was some water on the driver floor board and a little on the seat this morning. I suppose i'll go give them a hard time this weekend and get it fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.